Founding Fathers Forum Game: A republic, if you can keep it.

Georgia

@Panzeh gets Kentucky as well, and that is all the states.

The Election of 1804

After Adams was defeated for a second term, the Federalists realized that party building would be the key to victory in 1804. Thanks to substantial investments in newspapers and whipping up party support, the Federalists were able to build an unbreakable coalition in the North, and convince the Carolinas to divide their votes, resulting in a substantial victory for the Federalists, 83-55.

(President Hamilton and Vice President Adams elected, gain +3 and +1 popularity, respectively. Thomas Jefferson retires, scoring 8 VP for @Panzeh.)

Also, we skipped the Treasury phase. 56 Revenue brings Reserves from -2 to 54.

Now we move to the card draft.

The order is:
@Panzeh
@Ironsight
@Cuthbert
@Navaronegun
@Brooski

I will send Panzeh his card selection shortly.

After the resounding victory by the Federalists in the 1804 election the great patriot Daniel Webster has joined JQ Adams faction.

Webster

The rise of Hamilton to the presidency has attracted a gaggle of ambitious young statesmen to his faction, most notably Henry Clay of Kentucky

A young lawyer from Calvert County, Maryland, a Roman Catholic, joins the Federalist-National Party in the Jay Faction. He is married to the sister of a fellow Maryland lawyer and amateur poet named Francis Scott Key. His name is Roger B. Taney (1/1 with 0 votes).

He will never be the subject of a popular musical.

Remember, it’s pronounced “Tawny”

Notice they don’t mention his tenure as Chief Justice in the article.

A boat cannot serve as Chief Justice of the Supreme Court. It can, however, serve as Secretary of the Treasury. At the pleasure of the president, of course.

FYI I am the holdup — I need to look at my cards carefully. Will play when I get home.

OK, thanks for the heads up. Was just wondering where we are at.

Speaking of going home, you don’t look at all well @Brooski! I think you should go home sick right now…

Ok sorry for the delay. I have sent my card discard to @CF_Kane

Influence gets distributed, +1 to Party Leaders (Hamilton/Madison), +1 to Hamilton/Burr, and +1 per faction.

We are now at the Newspaper phase. @Cuthbert, as leader of the Conservative party, would you like to publish any of your 3 newspapers? There are no Liberal newspapers.

After that, @Cuthbert is up again in the Round, where he may spend influence to make a speech, whip up support, and/or found/improve a newspaper.

Order for the Round is:
@Cuthbert
@Panzeh
@Ironsight
@Navaronegun
@Brooski

Once that is complete, we will bid for the last initiative, this time starting with Panzeh and ending with Cuthbert.

Publish two newspapers

Hamilton founds another newspaper with his IP

No other actions. @Panzeh

Pass

Remember to record Jefferson’s scored VPs on the spreadsheet, BTW

@Ironsight is up.

Pass @Navaronegun