Founding Fathers Forum Game: A republic, if you can keep it.

Yes 10 votes

@Cuthbert

Did we skip @Navaronegun ?

17 votes yes

We did but I’m pretty sure he’ll vote yes. :) And TN is admitted even if he votes no.

Yes!!

While inspecting the new territory, Hamilton comes upon A wild Andrew Jackson, who quickly agrees to join his faction.

James K. Polk joins Panzeh’s faction.

Tennessee is admitted to the union, along with two able statesmen in Andrew Jackson, old hickory, and his protege, young hickory, the Napoleon of the Stump, James K. Polk.

The next issue on the table is the admission of Ohio, another territory clamoring to join the United States. Ohio has 3/12/22 electoral votes. Admission is a difficulty 2 issue handled by State and Congress, worth 1 Popularity if it passes. Ohio borders Virginia, Kentucky, Pennsylvania, Michigan, and Indiana.

Assuming @Cuthbert has no other business, voting begins with @Panzeh.

John Jay is happy to refer the admission of Ohio to Congress.

For the record, I intend to resolve this issue and refer it to the Secretary to present to Congress.

It’s @Panzeh vote but just to keep things moving I’ll state my somewhat obvious intention for 17 Yes votes. @Panzeh, and @Navaronegun if you want to vote now.

8 votes yes @Navaronegun

7 votes yes, @Brooski

yes 10 votes

@Cuthbert

Yes 19 votes

Ohio is also admitted to the union, and there is much rejoicing.

The next issue on the table for debate is whether the United States should pay off its war bonds from the revolution. Some argue that the United States is not responsible for the debts, and should hang on to its resources. Wealthy Americans and others abroad would like to see their bonds paid off.

This is a difficulty 4 issue for the Treasury and Congress. If passed, reserves are reduced by 52, and 2 IP are given to the Conservative Leader (Hamilton). If it fails or is ignored, tension increases by 1, the Conservative Party loses 2 public support, and there is a popularity loss of 2.

@Cuthbert, over to you to assign this issue to Secretary Burr or to ignore.

In order to preserve the full faith and credit of the United States, we will pay off our debts Over to Burr with one influence from Hamilton.

@Ironsight

Burr accepts and uses one of his personal influence to push this through Congress.

Edit - Just to be clear, Burr uses one of his personal influence along with the influence from Hamilton so the total is 4.

Vote starts with @Panzeh.

8 votes no @Ironsight

17 votes Yes @Navaronegun