Founding Fathers Forum Game: A republic, if you can keep it.

That’s interesting…so a President who draws a dangerous issue as his fourth card can choose to consider a tax instead and make the issue go away, even after seeing it?

Issue still needs to be resolved, unfortunately. But you can do the tax first.

Didn’t mean to suggest the Issue goes away. Any revealed Issue that meets it prerequisites must be handled, but the president can intersperse some other activities before handling it. A tax does not replace an Issue either.

Passing Tariff 1 seems like a no brainer and would be better than a tax with the tariff giving more revenue and the tax possibly raising the Tension level.

Yeah I don’t see a downside unless we didn’t want to give someone popularity…historically the problem would be the Southern states objecting but we have outnumber them right now anyways!

Just about everything we do gives someone popularity, unless we do something foolish like negotiate with the British. :) In that case someone will take the popularity hit for displeasing the voters when they clearly support a fight.

What did Maine and Michigan ever do to you?

Yes, my son is ill. Scarlet fever. Ignore him.

Maine and Michigan are not even in the US so no reason to care about that. Probably full of Canucks anyway…

Maine is Massachusetts territory and Michigan is in the northwest, the direction of the Future!

Just have the campaign slogan be Manifest Destiny. Kids these days promise me it’ll be big one day soon.

A little birdie told me he’s pretty sure your game shipped yesterday @Brooski. :)

w00t!

I’m guessing you should be able to check your order status and see that to confirm it.

Can find that stuff at https://www.thegamecrafter.com/account/receipts

Players, how do you all want to handle the trading of cards? I would think that the number of cards each player has in hand is public knowledge, and so any trades are public knowledge as well. My thought is that the players would PM me the trade, and then announce something like “Player A gives Player B one card for a favor to be named later” or “Player A gives Player B two cards for one card.” Obviously the actual cards traded would not need to be disclosed, except to me so that I can update hands.

That’s fine with me, although to be honest I’m not savvy enough to do anything with that information. If someone else is, have at it!

Sounds good. I also think cards could be traded for faction influence, but not statesman influence or popularity. Our resident designer can feel free to chime in if that isn’t correct.

I think for PBF purposes, we really should be turning to or mod, Kane, for rules calls and interpretations.

That is my read as well.