Founding Fathers Forum Game: A republic, if you can keep it.

Treasury

Although revenue has taken a hit, the Treasury increases to 193. No collapse roll necessary.

The Election of 1824

With President Marshall’s death, the Conservative party was thrown into a bit of turmoil. While it was dominant on the political scene, there was a substantial leadership struggle. James K. Polk, the Napoleon of the Stump, was the front runner for the nomination, but several other Conservatives considered entering the race.

Single-Party Elections

Because the Conservative party has 9 or more (in this case 12) public support, this will be a single party election. Step one is to select the Presidential candidates. The party leader must run, and any or all of 3 next most popular candidates may run.

1. @Panzeh , James K. Polk is the party leader, and must run for President.
  2. @Navaronegun, Rufus King may choose to run for President.
  3. @Cuthbert, William Henry Harrison may run.
  4. @Ironsight, DeWitt Clinton may run. @Navaronegun, George M. Dallas may run.

Any statesman of the Conservative party who does not run may be nominated for VP by one or more candidates.

The Presidential Candidates and VP candidates run separate races. Each state may hold one Presidential cube and one Vice Presidential cube. Cubes are placed in order of popularity.

To win, a candidate must get more than 50% of the vote total.

Players, please declare for your candidates.

I show George M Dallas with 4 popularity total on my board. That means he could run instead of Clinton. Can you check that please @CF_Kane.

@Ironsight you are correct, I apologize. Spreadsheet formula error on poor Mr. Dallas. @Navaronegun, you have both King and Dallas to choose from. @Ironsight, Clinton is out. Sorry about that.

@CF_Kane Nothing to be sorry about. I just wanted to make sure we got it right.

Edit - And since I’m not in the running I’ll probably go to bed early tonight. :)

Rufus King declines. @Cuthbert

WH Harrison accepts

This is gonna be cool!

George M. Dallas accepts. @CF_Kane.

Over to @Panzeh and Polk to choose a running mate. Then @Cuthbert, then @Navaronegun.

Polk chooses Taney as his running mate.

Taney accepts. @Cuthbert

Harrison picks James Buchanan

@Navaronegun

You have to pick a Conservative @Cuthbert.

Damn, you’re right, I forgot Buchanan was a liberal. (Even though Lincoln is also a liberal?)

Andrew Johnson

George M. Dallas nominates Roger B. Taney who accepts. @CF_Kane

The election of 1824 begins. Placement of cubes occurs in order of popularity. Reminder that each state has two slots this election—one for a Presidential candidate and one for a VP candidate.

The order an initial placements are:

1. Polk (@Panzeh) TN
  2. Harrison (@Cuthbert) OH
  3. Dallas (@Navaronegun) PA
  4. Taney (@Navaronegun) MD (VP)
  5. Johnson (@Cuthbert) TN (VP).

Over to @Panzeh to place adjacent to TN.

Never mind! :)

That’s what he said, I think. This is the second round.

Reading comprehension FTL! :(

Current election map if anyone wants to study it
https://docs.google.com/drawings/d/17lKDjD9JLfn84e2jtxls1PVcICzPNE7m3iOjHNKUd_c/edit?usp=sharing