Founding Fathers Forum Game: A republic, if you can keep it.

Appoint DeWitt Clinton (@Ironsight) as Secretary of State.

Clinton accepts the appointment to Secretary of State and presents the admission of Illinois to be resolved in Congress.

@Brooski to vote first

13 votes no

@Cuthbert

16 votes no @Panzeh

9 votes yes @Ironsight

The Clinton-Webster faction does some coalition building (play the card) for the rest of the term to come up with 3 votes to add to the faction total of 12 and casts 15 Yes votes for Illinois.

Current vote is 29 No and 24 Yes. @Navaronegun

The President does some arm-twisting, cajoling and back-slapping to build a coalition for passage (play the card). 4 +3 = 7 votes for yes, the measure passes 31-29. @CF_Kane

Illinois is Admitted.

The next issue is the Admission of Maine to the Union. The prerequisite Extension of Slavery Crisis (any result) is not met, so that goes into the next deck. The replacement issue is our old friend Create National Bank.

Create National Bank is a difficulty 4 issue for Treasury and Congress. If passed, it gives 2 IP to the Conservative Party Leader. It may be cancelled by the Chief Justice. If failed, ignored, or cancelled, it is added to the next deck. No popularity award for this one.

@Navaronegun, will you ignore this issue or pass it to Secretary Webster?

I’m going to bed. If President Dallas wishes Secretary Webster to resolve the issue then I will spend the two IP to meet the difficulty and send it to Congress. If he chooses to Ignore the issue, then never mind. :)

If we end up voting then I will cast 15 Yes votes (12 plus 3 for the coalition building card already played) when it’s my turn.

Pass the Issue to Secretary Webster. We need this bank to finance National improvements that will benefit all the States!

Webster (@Ironsight) already accepted (and his faction voted). Pass to Congress. @Brooski votes first.

Play Coalition Building and vote NO with 16 votez. @Cuthbert

NO with 16 votes

@Panzeh

Play coalition building and vote YES with 12 votes

@Navaronegun since I already voted.

Current vote is 32 No vs 27 Yes.

Yes with 7 votes. @CF_Kane

Congress, realizing the dream of John Adams in 1800, again authorized the creation of a National Bank. Standing in the way was their old foe, Chief Justice Crawford, who struck down the first attempt to create a bank as unconstitutional. @Panzeh, another test case has come to the court. Will Chief Justice Crawford cancel?

Crawford will not cancel.

Collusion!!!