Founding Fathers Forum Game: A republic, if you can keep it.

18 No

@Panzeh

11 Yes @Ironsight

13 Yes

Current vote is 34 No - 24 yes.

@Navaronegun

The Pres’ faction votes yes with five votes and then he spends 3 IP for Nine extra votes. So Yes with 14 votes! Florida belongs to the United States! And a big celebration party at the WH!

@CF_Kane

Dallas’s second term ends with drunken revelry in the White House, celebrating the acquisition of a swamp. Dallas would go down in history as a singularly ineffective President, who accomplished most of his goals through clever maneuvering and application of influence. He was quite popular with the common mass of Americans however, in a departure from some of his more elitist colleagues.

Dallas retires, scoring 19 VPs for @Navaronegun.

Treasury Phase
The Treasury remains strong, at 224 after revenues.

The Election of 1832

@Panzeh controls both the Conservative Leader, James K. Polk, and the Liberal Leader, Thaddeus Stevens. @Panzeh, you are up to select running mates, with Stevens acting first.

I’ll have my presidential slate done tomorrow.

Updated map in case it helps:

Thanks @spotlightgames

Just gonna reiterate my point from earlier, just let Panzeh declare the results of the election, it’ll be faster

Agreed

Stevens Chooses Wheeler

Polk chooses D. Clinton

If i’m allowed to just pick the winner, Polk wins.

Clinton accepts as VP. Agree the result is already determined. @CF_Kane

Congratulations to President Polk and Vice President Clinton.

1 influence to each player. 1 to each of Polk and Stevens as party leaders. 1 to Van Buren.

We then move to the draft.

Order is:
@Brooski
@Cuthbert
@Ironsight
@Panzeh
@Navaronegun

Millard Fillmore joins the Clinton-Webster faction.

download

Millard Fillmore is a singularly bad statesman. 1/0 with 1 vote, while likely reflective of his political talents, is a sad stat line.

He’s a Friend Of Dallas (FOD)! Watch it, God-voice-man!

You know only Dallas can hear me, right?

Yeah, he isn’t much to look at but one vote is one vote.

William Tecumseh Sherman was outside of the War Department, having received orders to make a survey of current Defenses in Florida. On the way out he heard a loud, blustery voice arguing that such a move was a horrible idea, and that it was a needless expense and part of “Dallas’ Swamp Folly”. He agreed, silently. But then the voice started disparaging him, claiming that such a “fellow who belongs in knee-britches, couldn’t lead a game of Rounders, let alone an expedition!”. Then, to top it off a fat man comes barging out of General Scott’s office, steps on his new leather boots, and knocks him down, dirtying his uniform as well and crushing his hat. “Watch where your’re going, Knee-Britches!”, the fat man said. That fat man was Benjamin Butler (@Cuthbert). That was the last straw! “By the wide Ohio river”, Sherman exclaimed, “I’ll have satisfaction from you, you blowhard paltroon!” “I’ll skin your hide!”

William T. Sherman plays Duel on Benjamin Butler. @CF_Kane