Four more years?

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?file=/news/archive/2004/09/16/politics1409EDT0616.DTL

I can see removing her but chanting four more years to the mother of someone who lost a child in a war? That’s cold and heartless. Couldn’t they have been silent until she was taken out?

Unintentionally bit of black humor:

“Why did my son die?!” “Um … the bomb? I hear they’re dangerous.”

As for the people shouting “four more years”, I highly doubt they could actually hear what exactly she was shouting about, and had merely assumed she was just another unamerican commie pinko protester.

“Seriously … September 11th.” </The Daily Show>

They don’t give a shit about her son, duh. Dubya hasn’t gone to a single fucking funeral.

They don’t give a shit about her son, duh. Dubya hasn’t gone to a single fucking funeral.[/quote]

I pulled this up about presidents attending funerals:

“President Johnson, who presided over the Vietnam War around which the Left has based their opposition to all things military since, only attended two military funerals despite the fact that 58,169 service members died. Bill Clinton, beloved of the Left, did not attend any funerals for the military except for the sailors killed in the al-Qaeda attack on the USS Stark. Not even the 18 Army Rangers who died in Mogadishu in 1993 merited a Presidential funeral attendance.”

Bush has attended several memorial services for the victims of 9/11. Other than that its an extremely rare event for a president to attend a soldiers funeral. So if you say that Bush doesn’t care about any of the dead soldiers because he has attended no funerals then for the most part the same can be said of Johnson, CLINTON, and most of our other presidents. It seems clear that your statement that correlates whether a president cares about the soldiers he sends into battle with whether or not he attends thier funerals is completely without merit. But, hey, thanks for the shameless, wide-eyed, Bush hating, frothing-at-the-mouth smear.

But, hey, thanks for the shameless, wide-eyed, Bush hating, frothing-at-the-mouth smear.

Hey, at least Clinton and Johnson showed up for some funerals. Although, I guess showing up for stuff has never been Bush’s strong point, has it?
Interesting how you don’t dispute the veracity of the statement “Bush hasn’t been to a funeral”, but still call it a “smear”

Yeah, I think it’s bad politics for presidents to attend funerals of strangers. People would accuse them of using the tragedy of a soldier’s death to gather votes.

One would think that a letter to the next-of-kin would be welcome, but then the president would do nothing but write and sign letters all day long.

They don’t give a shit about her son, duh. Dubya hasn’t gone to a single fucking funeral.[/quote]

I pulled this up about presidents attending funerals:

“President Johnson, who presided over the Vietnam War around which the Left has based their opposition to all things military since, only attended two military funerals despite the fact that 58,169 service members died. Bill Clinton, beloved of the Left, did not attend any funerals for the military except for the sailors killed in the al-Qaeda attack on the USS Stark. Not even the 18 Army Rangers who died in Mogadishu in 1993 merited a Presidential funeral attendance.”
[/quote]

Whoa, shit! You got us. The Bush-hating, Johnson-loving crowd will surely never live this one down. And here I thought that every time I said “I sure wish Bush was more like Lyndon Johnson,” I was unassailable. Well sir… you got me.

Is Bush ever going to meet the coffins when they come in to Dover? I distinctly remember Clinton, Bush I, and Reagan doing so for photo ops – and remember reading about how they did so when servicement died overseas and there weren’t cameras around, too.

i hate bush’s foreign and domestic policies but he sometimes does nice personal things. snopes.com has some nice stories where he handed out christmas presents to kids of convicts and visited some wounded vets.

Was he cutting their funding? That usually merits a photo op…