Four reasons Pikmin 3 isn't underwhelming

Title Four reasons Pikmin 3 isn't underwhelming
Author Tom Chick
Posted in Game reviews
When August 5, 2013

Like many decent sequels, especially when they're on a Nintendo system, Pikmin 3 is just more Pikmin..

Read the full article

I'm confused, where does 3 stars fit on the 7-9 scale? (Obviously I couldn't be bothered to actually read the text)

3/5 * (9 - 7) + 7 = 8.2?

Look, Mr. Prankster is into silly anime games like Dragon's Crown (boobeez) and Monster Hunter. He can't comprehend such formulas without slowly moving your lips and using macaroni bits too... wait. Monster Hunter. Never mind, with those charm tables and loot drop tables, he most likely laughs at our pre-fifth dimensional formulaic chicken scratch that we consider math.

Never tell me the odds!

Tom, I don't think there ever was an HD rerelease of Pikmin 2. The only rerelease I can think of is on Wii and that wasn't exactly HD.

It wasn't exactly LD either. It was exactly 480p which was fine.

Didn't love the game, but it was ok.

Ah, right. Of course that wasn't HD. What was I thinking? Thanks for the correction.

oh look, Tom Chick goes way below everyone else on another game...while giving a 500 word review of absolutely no substance. This is not a review, this barely qualifies as an article.

Seriously, what the hell, man?

"competitive cutthroat contest"
Hooray for alliteration!

you're just an asshole dude

Tom put the same amount of effort into his review that Nintendo did in updating the Pikmin formula.

I'm pretty sure you would have been just as dismissive whether the article was 500 words or 5000 words. And I'm also pretty sure you wouldn't have a single solitary thing to say if I'd rated the game within the usual 7-9 range everyone else uses.

But if you'd like to discuss anything I've written about Pikmin 3, a game I liked, I'd be happy to discuss it! I'll start: what was your favorite pikmin color?

Just how is a sacred river supposed to focus on a story task, anyway?

Now the 13 year olds are REALLY mad, Tom.

Blue, no wai....AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH.

You say you liked this game? But it scores a 60 on Metacritic? A 60 in every school across America is a D. And your review above does not reflect a D. In fact, the review has nothing bad to say. But your 60 brings down Metacritic score, and this sucks, because, Pikmin 3 is one of the best games of the year. Are you sure you have played the game? Because your review lacks depth, detail. Like it was written after u played the demo. Would love to get you on the phone and do a LIVE stream quiz and ask you very specific question that only a person who beat the game would know. Would you like to do this for IGN? I can arrange it.

Everyone PLEASE. Make contact to Metacritic and let them know that this critics writing (lacks detail, substance) and out of wack scoring in relation to the review, needs to be removed as a legitimate critic. I've seen better game critics on Gamefaqs message boards!

If you are using a dated 5 star system, STOP RIGHT NOW. I told this to game explain. You 3 stars converts to a 60 (that is, 20 points per star). If you are going to post reviews with the metacritics of the world, you should convert your scoring to a 1-100 scale.

Tom Chick, form other comments you've wrote on articles, i have come to a conclusion, you are a fucking asshole, you also seem to think that you are much better then everyone else, you are fucking horrible at writing reviews, so stop doing it. Bioshock and Last of us are much more then 3/5 Max payne 3 and sleeping dogs werent 2's and Metro last light was not a 5/5 if those 2 were 3. You really need to never write a review again in your life, how you get your reviews out on Metacritic astounds me, you suck at reviewing. Never do it again. You are a disgrace to reviewers everywhere.