Four reasons Pikmin 3 isn't underwhelming

How much work do you think is required to get this shit reviewer of metacritic.
Tom Chick has to be the worst reviewer of all time.

Tom's critics are amazingly bad writers. I enjoy the irony. Perhaps it is all performance art.

Hey! Listen son, Tom Chick maybe an asshole, but he's OUR asshole, and we love him.

He is not better than *everyone*, just most people, definitely me, probably you too.

I enjoy seeing scathing critiques of good games, because I actually value my time and money.

If I find myself reading another 8/10 "It's great!" vanilla review, I'm gonna shave my own cheeks off, fry them in a pan and eat them for goddamn breakfast.

Now grow up.

Okay, hit me with your detailed questions, Adam! Alternatively, if you'd like to meet me on Skype, I'd be happy to answer your quiz so long as I can record the quiz to include it in this site's weekly podcast. No joke! You can email me at [email protected] and we'll schedule it.

Hope to hear from you, Adam.

-Tom

Tom "trollololo" Chick strikes again.
The guy who gave Journey 2/5 stars, Bioshock Infinite 3/5 stars, SC2 Heart of the Swarm 2/5 stars, Halo 4 1/5 stars, and Last of us 3/5. Give him a warm round of applause.

But seriously, theres not a single negative point in this review. It doesn't match the final score at all. Tom, you completely failed to justify the score in this review and articulate why it deserves a 3, and not 4 or 5. My English teacher (and probably yours too) would be appalled by this clear oversight. Although considering it's just about 500 words, I suppose you just forgot to copypaste the negative aspects of the game.

I would not have expected death threats based on a review of Pikmin 3, of all the games in the world. Like, wow. Who knew that Pikmin fans were so cutthroat?

For the record, I hated Pikmin but it was interesting. I give it a rating of 2 blue fish.

I see what you did there.

This review confuses the hell out of me. I see no negatives in the extremely short review which reflect the score. Certainly Tom Chick must know that a 3/5 equates to a 60 %...right? So he likes the game, has nothing bad to say about it, but gives it a 60 %....okay then. The review reads like a preview, not an in-depth review at all. Seriously, this is a garbage review, and it's a shame that such fools are allowed to write reviews which end up affecting Metacritic scores. The Metacritic scores affect people's decision in buying a game, and this is a huge injustice for such a high quality game. If you think it deserves 60%, at least explain why! Wtf.

Why does it confuse you? Three stars means "he liked it". It doesn't mean the failing grade you drive-by Metacritic kiddies come here to complain about. Grow up already. You've supposedly graduated from school by now, haven't you? The world doesn't work like your classroom worked.

Jeezus, why does someone who "liked" something, which is what the score means, have to post a laundry list of negatives? The review clearly says it's "More Of The Same", so I don't know what else you want. I've played all the Pikmen games and it's getting a little old by now, but I still think they're fun. They're just nothing special anymore.

It's confusing because he fails to mention things he did not like, yet still gives it a 3 out of 5. And what does graduating from school have to do with anything? According to you, 3/5 doesn't equal 60 %, becasue "i already graduated from school." Ok..And guess what, I don't give a shit about metacritc scores, yet the vast majority of dumbasses in this world (you're one of them) do care! This trash review brings the Metacritc score below a 90 %, which makes the game look less appealing when sitting next to The Last of Us, for example, which has a 90-something % metacritic. I have no problem with a review of 3/5, but if it deserves to lose 2 stars, there should be an explanation why. Otherwise, what's the point of a review.

I cannot gamerankings takes this fraudulent "review" into account. Absolutely pathetic. Even more pathetic is the reviewer pathetically defends himself over this pathetic review.

This site is way under the curve with it review. I won't be coming back here.

how the fuck was this piece of shit featured on metacritic? this barely qualifies as a blog!

ok, I just read the the review and I changed my mind. I like this site alot and I think I'll keep an eye on it. I just wish it was more in tune with metacritic since I'm sometimes really insecure about my own opinions

Graduating from school has to do with the fact that you angry kiddies need to quit thinking that three stars is some kind of punishment. It means the reviewer liked the game. He didn't love it, he didn't hate it. He liked it. He didn't give it a 60% and he didn't give it a failing grade. This is the real world, son, not your algebra homework and not IGN.

Furthermore, it didn't "lose 2 stars" unless you believe every game deserves a 5 star review until you calculate why points were taken away.

So, again, grow the hell up or stop trashing grown-up sites with your pissy childish comments.

I'll simply respond to your obsession with school, childish comments, and this "grown up site" with the following CS Lewis quote. Hopefully you learn something about yourself, douche.

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.”
― C.S. Lewis

Olimar, the problem is, Tom submits the review to MetaCritic. MetaCritic does not come to Tom. So, when 3 out of 5 stars is converted to MC, it comes out to a 60, which is a shame, as the review does not reflect a 60 score.

I don't submit my reviews to Metacritic, Adam. Instead, I spoke with them a few years ago about whether they felt it was appropriate to list my site's reviews. They did. Which is no surprise, since my reviews have been listed on Metacritic for as long as Metacritic has been around. But I was concerned they might have a problem with the ratings system I use here at Qt3. They didn't.

As for your disconnect about three stars being a 60%, I think you need to stop assuming everyone should use the 7-9 scale. That's not how this site works. That's not how a lot of sites work. Your expectation of a 60% score comes entirely from sites that don't use the full range of their ratings.

By the way, I haven't heard back from you regarding your challenge to quiz me about whether I've "beat" Pikmin 3. Are you going to email me so we can record it for the podcast? My schedule is entirely flexible.

I'm pretty sure C.S. Lewis was talking about the children's literature he wrote and not people shrieking on the internet because someone didn't like a videogame enough.