Four reasons Pikmin 3 isn't underwhelming

normally, i enjoy reading your reviews but this is just lazy

lol dude

glad I'm not the only person who found my way here

lol. how's it going? this.....idk what you call it. the text above us. lol. but it's pretty bad.

AAA game = 1-3 stars

Game that no one cares about = 4-5 stars

Or, give a score that gets QT3 on the front page of metacritic.

Garbled text that gives it a bad score despite positive stuff

I guess so. lol. though reading through these comments, this seems par for the course with this guy. I just don't know how something this bad is featured on a site like metacritic.

yeah really, its bringing the score down. Can you report something on MC?

Obviously Mr. Chick gets a lot of hate because how the review system converts into Metacritic percentages. I honestly like this system because it turns a critical eye to several games that are becoming more and more homogenized.

I like a reviewer who makes me ask "Did I like that game because it provided an inspired, valuable experience of another fictitious game world, or did I merely enjoy that game because it catered to my expectations?"

I'm a cynical gamer. I've played a lot of games. Games that are made of 85% of the last game I played can be, in a sense, 85% redundant and a waste of time. Therefore, fresh perspectives such as Mr. Chick's here keep my faith in an industry that seems to be full-bore towards mass production of pre-established formulas.

not sure actually. I was looking around, but didn't find anything. If you look and find something, let me know.

If you'd spent 10% of the effort you spend screeching about someone who doesn't like a game sufficiently, you might have found this contact information:

http://www.metacritic.com/cont...

Furthermore, here's the FAQ for how Metacritic works, which might be helpful to guys like you:

http://www.metacritic.com/faq

And in case you're actually interested in something beyond the sound of your own screeching, here's a FAQ for my reviews that you might find helpful:

http://www.quartertothree.com/...

Cheers!

Thanks, Varzen. It's nice to know the internet doesn't consist entirely of angry children. :)

Just checking back with you, Adam. Let me know when we can meet online so I can take your quiz.

This hack doesn't complete the games he reviews. I just looked up his
profile and 90% of the games he trashes he doesn't even complete

Here's his profile http://psnprofiles.com/tomchic...

Remember he gave Journey a 2/5? Well he didn't complete that game!
It's only a 2 hour game, and it's pretty easy, so it's not very
difficult to complete. He has one trophy for it and no trophy for
beating it. Then he has the nerve to review it and give a scathing
review? Give me a break

Get this. He DID NOT complete Uncharted 3 or Uncharted 2 either!
Then he trashes both games. The Last of Us? He did complete, but he
barely experienced the game. He didn't hear Ellie's jokes, didn't
discover the shiv doors, no online trophies and the list goes on. Where
does this guy get off reviewing games when he barely scratches the
surface on 90% of the ones he scrutinizes?

I wouldn't be surprised if he barely scratched the surface of Pikmin 3 either.

Well, usually I'm too busy to do anything but play the tutorials. Sometimes I just read the back of the box.

But I do appreciate you bringing up the issue about trophies for Sony's games (although I question your capacity for math given the 90% figure you apparently calculated on the back of a napkin). But I've finished Uncharted 2, Uncharted 3, and The Last Of Us, all on normal difficulty. In fact, the endings figure prominently into the actual text of my reviews for pretty much all three of those games. I suggest you read the text rather than just make misguided assumptions based on your expectations for ratings in the 7-9 ranges. But I have no idea what it doesn't show the trophies. If I was a whore for trophies the way I'm a whore for Xbox gamerscore, I'd be pretty bummed.

By the way, how many usernames do you need to stalk me in these comments sections? Do you think Disqus doesn't track your IP address?

I don't have multiple names that I stalk you with. I use Keo as a guest. And I have read your reviews before. I disagreed with all of them. In your Last of Us review you criticized it for having bad game design, but you obviously just sucked at the game. You struggled to beat it on normal and were tempted to lower the difficulty because you found it so frustrating. That doesn't mean the game was poorly designed, you were just bad at the game. I've beat it on hard no listen mode the first time and survivor mode right after. It's not that hard. Someone who plays video games for a living should be a little better.

There is no such thing as the 7-9 scale. Gaming sites give low scores to a lot of AAA games. Gamespot gave Resident Evil 6 a 4.5. If they think a game sucks, they have no qualms giving it a low score. Your reviews are dictated by your compulsive need to differentiate yourself from other reviewers. That's why you're on the front page of many games metacritic site all the time. If you didn't want the attention, you wouldn't bother with scores. You like the controversy, and you enjoy being a troll.

Right, but what everyone really wants to know is what color pikmin is your favorite. Stop avoiding the question!

dude. go away. you put out shit like this, and I don't want or need to hear what you have to say. Maybe if you acknowledged you put out shit, then I might care. but as it stands, I couldn't care less. so go ahead and reply if you want. but I won't be saying anything else.

Cheers!

I like Seafoam Green.

Why are 3. and 4. considered reasons the game is not underwhelming? Shouldn't be the opposite?