Aug. '06: 933 584 277
Aug. '05: 1,001 433 220
% change: -7% +35% +26%

Primetime:

FNC     CNN    MSNBC 

Aug. '06: 1,511 902 371
Aug. '05: 2,093 748 349
% change: -28% +21% +6%

Plummet, actually. Now that the fun has worn off from the radical conservative movement, people are migrating back to the center. Let’s hope it lasts.

H.

Still too high.

The sheeple are waking up.
The Rethugs better crank up the terrar’ alert!

That’s great. You sound like Free Republic played backwards.

And in what must be unrelated news…

Today on Fox News, Neil Cavuto devoted much of his show’s coverage to the one year anniversary of Hurricane Katrina. To give the real picture of what’s going on, Cavuto brought in two “experts” on back-to-back segments — exercise guru Richard Simmons and boxing promoter Don King.

http://thinkprogress.org/2006/08/29/fox-king-simmons/

looking for subliminal messages?
…okay, maybe it’s becuase the sheeple don’t believe the POTUS or believe in his bogus war anymore.
Either that or because Tony Snow job left to apologize for Shrub in person instead of on a network.

Don King is one thing, but how is Richard Simmons not an expert on New Orleans?

You know, I fall left of center, and left of Lizard King, but he’s correct. You just sound stupid when you work so hard to inject cute little sayings and derogatory buzzwords into your speech. Try using Bush, Blair, and people. You’ll get a better response.

H.

There is nothing subliminal about your post, of that I am sure. I believe the Simpsons coined the term “superliminal” just for situations like this.

While all politicians lie, or try to control public perception, it is the press’ job to hold them accountable and report what actually goes on. Never before in history has our press been so inaccurate and so negligent in covering an administration. There is no relatively fact checking and there is no investigative reporting, no criticism and no attention to most of the issues affecting our nation.

The result has been that we have the most uninformed electorate in US history. While the Bush/PNAC administration has radically changed almost every aspect of our government and policies there has been virtually no mention of the vast majority of these issues by our broadcast news services. Regardless of the media bias that exists from the left and from the right the fact that so many vital issues and actions have not been mentioned is an indication of the total failure of Americas broadcast journalists.

You do no favors to your cause drewl.

1. In a democracy, if you wish to change the course of actions of people, it is best not to call them idiots, unless you do it in private. Bitching about the ‘sheeple’ shows a blatant disregard for people who don’t yammer endlessly on the Internet. You have to have those people with you to win.

2. The use of pejoratives is dirty pool. M$, Microshaft, and Shrub are just the mirror image of the pejoratives that the other side has been flinging for 8 long years.

Whatever the crimes of the administration, and whatever the failings of the media, your natterings on the Internet are counterproductive in fixing them. For there is nothing that makes people rethink a position more than to have it echoed in an idiotic fashion.

And of course, doing so on a message board where over 90% would agree with you that Bush has seriously screwed up is pissing in the wind.

Fuck Fox news.

There is no way in hell that is remotely true. Not worse any time in the last decade or so, but your hyperbole re: American history is way off the mark.

There is no relatively fact checking and there is no investigative reporting, no criticism and no attention to most of the issues affecting our nation.

That’s simply not true, especially relative to other periods in American history. TV news has gone downhill, to be sure, and there are certainly downsides to internet news, but I would say the problem is more one of information overload in these respects than one of scarcity.

The result has been that we have the most uninformed electorate in US history.

That’s just ludicrous. Simply because you disagree with the outcomes that electorate has produced does not automatically equal ignorance, once again especially not relative to the past. Being wrong, for instance, is different from not knowing.

While the Bush/PNAC administration has radically changed almost every aspect of our government and policies there has been virtually no mention of the vast majority of these issues by our broadcast news services.

Then how did you find out about them? Are you so vain as to think that only you are privy to special information? There are treatments for that kind of problem.

Regardless of the media bias that exists from the left and from the right the fact that so many vital issues and actions have not been mentioned is an indication of the total failure of Americas broadcast journalists.

Which have not been mentioned? I’m curious as to what these secret issues are. Certainly, there are many opinions and theories that are marginalized in the grand scheme of things, but that is altogether different from the issues themselves being ignored.

I hate the term “Sheeple”.

If/when a progressive movement regains a semblance of control in this country it’s that kind of smug and callous disregard for will of the people that will drive America straight back into the arms of the “conservatives”.

Democracies are often ugly, messy things. But at the end of the day the job of politics is to shape the will of the people in such a way that they believe that they are satisfied with your solutions. The government “works for them”.

To think that some kind of smug notions of “rightness” trumps that is short-sighted and dangerous.

STOP SAYING SHEEPLE

Edit: And all the rest, too. “Shrub”? Let me put it this way: nobody felt it necessary to talk about “Shitler.” You might as well be saying “Billary.”

Maybe if people had started calling Hitler “Shitler” in 1930 there would never have been a Holocaust. Did you ever stop to consider that?

I agree, and it’s ironic because we have had threads here where a few on the left bemoan the idiocy of the voting populace and say that the Dems don’t need a cogent platform but just need people to wise up and so forth. Your second paragraph above would be an excellent reminder to them. They don’t lose elections because people are dumb, they lose them because in-fighting and retarded slogans like “anyone but Bush I’d vote for a ham sandwich lol” aren’t going to get voters to agree.

If you are a Fox News watcher, I hope your children get raped at Summer Camp. By Manbat. While a really awesome song you like plays on a nearby radio, so that you don’t get to listen to that song anymore as you take your child to school because it renders him catatonic. And then I hope you see Manbat shopping in your grocer’s freezer, but you can’t get the cops to do anything because Manbat has the kind of diplomatic immunity Chuck De Nomolos has in Lethal Weapon 2.

All kidding aside, as a parent, the Bible says only traitors who like to steal watch Fox News.

While I am not much of a fan of Foxnews anymore (the whole "We report, you decide, but we call people names and put words into the mouths of our experts to help you decide), I loathe CNN even more.

I watched CNN sink to a new low today when they “recreated” the recent plane crash with “special software” to give a pilot’s view of what happened. Since when did MS FlightSim 2004 and a user created aircraft model become “special software”?