Fox News thread of fine journalism

Sadly, it appears that Fox New IS the “more balanced” conservative new source. Their competition is more unhinged, not less.

CNN kind of set the tone for 21st century news when it figured out how to fill up 24 hours of programming with just what it deemed to be “news”. This was nicely laid out in the 2013 documentary, “Anchorman 2”.

Fox News just took CNN’s formula and enhanced it, throwing away any attempt to be all things to all viewers and concentrating on one particular demographic. Now, after some time at the top of the heap, competitors like Breitbart are starting to nip away at the edges of Fox’s conservative monopoly… but bear in mind that post-O’Reilly, shows like Hannity are getting new highs in ratings.

Same for Trump. Sadly.

Not Fox News but.

It’s frustrating to have to contend with this, even if smart people recognize the separation between the editorial side and news.” As another reporter told me, “We could disprove half the stuff” the opinion writers “are saying if they just read our own reporting. It’s like living in some alternate universe.”

Definitely Rupert Murdoch news however.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/erik-wemple/wp/2017/11/02/fox-news-smears-jake-tapper-because-ratings/?hpid=hp_no-name_opinion-card-c%3Ahomepage%2Fstory

The tweet from the main Fox News account seized upon the feverish overlaps among the mainstream media, religion and terrorism:

Too bad it was a crock. The network that delights in calling out others for out-of-context reporting had committed the gravest of contextual tergiversations. Yes, Tapper had indeed used the word “beautiful” in proximity to the Arabic saying “allahu akbar,” or “God is great.” The moment came as the host of CNN’s afternoon news program “The Lead” was discussing the Halloween terrorist attack in New York, in which the suspect, Islamic State devotee Sayfullo Saipov, shouted “allahu akbar” after allegedly driving his rental truck along a bike path. Eight were killed in the attack.

What Tapper actually said:

“The Arabic chant ‘allahu akbar’ — ‘God is great’ — sometimes said under the most beautiful of circumstances,” said Tapper, “and too often we hear of it being said in moments like this.”

https://twitter.com/jaketapper/status/925895113808777218?ref_src=twsrc^tfw&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.washingtonpost.com%2Fblogs%2Ferik-wemple%2Fwp%2F2017%2F11%2F02%2Ffox-news-smears-jake-tapper-because-ratings%2F

Christ. Even for them, that’s slimy.

Isn’t that a textbook libel case right there? Tweets count as written statements.

Looks like they already deleted it. What bullshit.

Had to look that one up!

If not for his 2nd Amendment rights, how would this guy have been able to complain?

D-FENS strikes again.

I clicked on that article, then on an article linked within. Is this really what Fox posts on their “news” site - a story based on a reddit thread post by someone who worked at McDonalds 3 years ago?

Probably better journalism than most of their output.

The same way as everyone else - call 911

Story time. Being honest, I felt this way the first time I went into one of the “all-day-breakfast” converted McDonald’s down here in North Carolina. It was early on after the policy change. I had no coffee that morning, and my “task” given to me by my SO was to get two Egg McMuffins, hash browns and coffee. We were out of coffee at the house, and it was 11AM on a Saturday.

If I’m grumpy without coffee, my SO is akin to a recently woken dragon, just waiting for a village to breathe fire on. So when the poor sap at the counter cheerfully told me, “we don’t have McMuffins on our all-day-breakfast menu because here in North Carolina, the chicken biscuit item is more popular and our management didn’t want to keep staffing all day for just McMuffins.”

I’m paraphrasing. I was literally seeing red and could not process all the extra words he was telling me after, “we don’t have McMuffins on our all-day-breakfast menu.” If I would have had a gun, I would have pulled it. Instead I went to Dunkin’ Donuts and got coffee and went home to take my beating.

Not long after the regional management for McDonald’s were threatened with pitchforks, they added McMuffins to the menu, as it should have been from the start.

It wasn’t just North Carolina. We were visiting a relative in Arizona and they didn’t have the McMuffin there either with the all day breakfast. It was surprising. If I remember, that’s the dish that they first began their breakfast offerings with way back when.

Christ dude, Dunkin’ has infinitely superior breakfast foods anyway.
Get the bacon-egg-cheese crossaint sandwich. It’s like a heart attack in a box. A delicious heart attack.

I agree with you, completely. However, (<- that’s a large comma) my dragon overlord insisted on McD’s that morning because … reasons. We don’t anger the dragon.

Also, fun fact: Dunkin will put whatever breakfast sandwich you want off their menu on any of their bagels instead. And toast it if you want.

Mmmm… Their sandwiches are so full of grease too.

Well, I had to drive through McD’s this morning to get the McMuffin. That’s what I get for reading Qt3 before work.