Fox News thread of fine journalism

“There is a cleansing needed in our FBI and Department of Justice. It needs to be cleansed of individuals who should not just be fired but who need to be taken out in handcuffs.”

She goes on to say all manner of stupid shit.

“There is a cleansing needed at Faux News…”

I usually don’t watch this sort of nonsense, but good god.

This is some Reichstag fire shit here. Get the fuck out of our country, you monster.

There have been times in our history where corruption and lawlessness were so pervasive, that examples had to be made. This is one of those times.

She is absolutely right. She is talking about DJT and his criminal family, right?

“We need Congress to impeach Trump.” flows so naturally on the end of that quote.

In other scientific yet not utterly surprising news…

http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0160289617301617

The present experiment (N = 390) examined how people adjust their judgment after they learn that crucial information on which their initial evaluation was based is incorrect. In line with our expectations, the results showed that people generally do adjust their attitudes, but the degree to which they correct their assessment depends on their cognitive ability. In particular, individuals with lower levels of cognitive ability adjusted their attitudes to a lesser extent than individuals with higher levels of cognitive ability. Moreover, for those with lower levels of cognitive ability, even after the explicit disconfirmation of the false information, adjusted attitudes remained biased and significantly different from the attitudes of the control group who was never exposed to the incorrect information. In contrast, the adjusted attitudes of those with higher levels of cognitive ability were similar to those of the control group. Controlling for need for closure and right-wing authoritarianism did not influence the relationship between cognitive ability and attitude adjustment. The present results indicate that, even in optimal circumstances, the initial influence of incorrect information cannot simply be undone by pointing out that this information was incorrect, especially in people with relatively lower cognitive ability.

Wish there was a way for Fox to be criminally charged

Fox News website right now - Self-proclaimed “Top 4 Trending”:

1. Top senator expands probe into Obama-era uranium deal. Says he was misled.

2. Trump rips lightweight Gillibrand over resignation call, says harassment claims are false.

3. Sarah Sanders shuts down CNN star Jim Acosta’s grandstanding.

4. Obama Era Russian Uranium Deal - What to Know

So basically : Whatabout Obama, What harassment? , Fake News smackdown, Whatabout Obama.

It’s like they’re not even trying anymore.

Well, their viewer’s brains are already mush, so why would they exert more effort than needed.

Fox, much like CNN reports news in a way they think their viewers want to see it. Fox pushes their agenda much more, but CNN is no better when they have a panel that basically asks for Trump’s resignation or impeachment with every news story. Panels made up of 2-3 “good” analysts and that 1 Trump apologist.

Yeah, Fox is basically CNN on steroids; they both use the same technique, but Fox does it to the nᵗʰ degree. There’s nothing inherently wrong with presenting a point of view, but it’s that degree which Fox takes it to that’s pretty appalling. It’s almost like that one friend we all have who tries to one-up everyone;
“Hey, I just got a raise at work!”
“Oh, yeah? I just got named CEO!”

“I just had a great weekend!”
“Well my weekend was the best weekend of ALL TIME!”

“President Trump is horrible!”
“Liberals are trying to destroy America and turn it into a sharia Communist welfare state with no guns!”

Reminded me of this bit by Brian Regan:

You made me fall down the rabbit hole of Brian Regan youtube.

That is an amazing place to be.

LOL - yep

Can never go wrong with more Brian Regan! Take luck!

How to distract the base from last night? Current Fox web main page:
The new Fusion GPS “scandal”
Mika vs Melania

and their favorite:
A female Texas HS teacher accused of having sex with a student

What URL are you talking about?

I’m not seeing ANY of those topics on the main page:

Summary

I must have been living on the moon, never heard of the guy. Damn, he is one hysterically funny guy.

And to think people say reading and posting on P&R is waste of time.