Fox News thread of fine journalism

That should really go in the optimism thread.

Except for President Pence. Damn it…

One thing at a time. Get Trump gone, and then deal with Pence.

This is true. He went after this for all the wrong reasons and now he’s just wallowing in misery. Alternating between manufactured, blind optimism and sour, impotent frustration.

Deep in the night, these truths give me comfort and solace.

Alrighty then.

Did you see me put a scale of 1 to 10 on him? Did you see me talking about how fuckable he’d be if only he didn’t have a mouth? Was I responding to something he said or to a group here talking about women like they’re pieces of meat? Seriously, the context is completely different. Trump is a piece of shit, and if you want your behavior to be on par with his, and start valuing women by how much you want to sleep with them, well then sure, keep it up. You’ll be in the company of that man.

I fully understand how my “daaaaamn, she’s hot,” comment can come off the wrong way, but I wrote it in large part because of the reaction I knew it would garner. And I’m not trying to troll anyone here, I just enjoy a little light-hearted tweaking as much as anyone else.

No one is suggesting a woman’s value is based entirely on her physical appearance, but I will refrain from further such comments out of politeness to the community members here.

I assume the answers would be:
Not at all

Oh, please.

In a continuum that contains Steve Bannon, Trump could not be a 0. I want to get myself tested for a wide range of diseases every time I even see Bannon on TV.

For a 70-year-old man Trump is easily a 2. Until he opens his mouth.

Am I the only one who finds it uncomfortable to watch CNN or Fox do a “news” panel sort of thing with several women and every one of them looks like she spent time modeling before she got the job? Are uncomely (is that a real word) women unable to express themselves on TV?

I admit that this predominance has really made me question the expertise of any of these women. It’s not that smart women can’t be on TV, it’s more like you wonder what got them hired, their looks or their competence.

TV gigs (and movie roles, and similar positions) are in short enough supply that they can probably hold out for the exceedingly competent and marketably attractive people most of the time.

Mind, what FOX considers “exceedingly competent” may be a far cry from “able to string three words together without lying or calling black people monsters,” but hey, that’s them.

Maybe the scale is in integers, not natural numbers.

The bubble headed bleach blonde comes on at 5. (Or should Don Henley have sang bible headed bleach blonde? )

This.

Megyn Kelly is a prime example. She’s a daughter of a professor, an accomplished lawyer, and undeniably attractive. One doesn’t HAVE to be attractive to get a job on TV, but it’s a positive as the medium is visual and therefore all things being equal, an attractive person will get better ratings.

Still, it’s rather absurd and sad that (collective) we as an audience have made physical attraction an asset for the media.

http://thehill.com/homenews/media/365639-fox-news-guest-floats-fbi-assassination-plot-against-trump

A guest co-host on Fox News Channel’s “Outnumbered” program on Tuesday appeared to suggest that FBI agents might have planned to assassinate President Trump.

In a clip from Tuesday’s episode first reported by Media Matters, guest co-host Kevin Jackson floated the possibility that FBI agents revealed to have sent anti-Trump text messages may have planned to kill Trump after the president defeated Hillary Clinton last November.

I’d pay good money to listen in on his conversation with the Secret Service.

Things are not looking good for President Hillary:

O, my lord.

I don’t know whether that’s more absurd or shameless.

My girlfriend sent me a link to that, as it showed up on her Google Now feed (via CNN, not Fox). I seriously thought a bug had occurred and they served up an old artcle, so I went and found the source.

I’m so confused. Why is anyone even polling a candidate that lost an election over a year ago? And doesn’t seem to have plans to run again?

That is seriously going to hurt her re-election chances.

I believe I read that Thomas Jefferson had dipped in the polls recently. Lincoln is still polling well, though.