Fox News thread of fine journalism

The funniest part is Hannity blowing up Fox’s party line for the sake of his ego. The company has always argued that it’s OK that all its shows are rabidly conservative, because they’re just opinion. The news bits, they insist, are fair and balanced. Now Hannity says that, no, they’re not, because he’s a news bit.

After saying he wasn’t news, he’s just a talk show host.

Though that was a couple years ago, so it doesn’t count or something in Seanland.

He is Hannity so he can do whatever he wants. Isn’t that how it works?

Fox Privilege ;)

Fox News posted a story about the McCabe firing … before he was fired.

Basically the Neo Nazi White House’s propaganda arm.

That’s not really all that weird. If you know a story is coming out and it can only have one of two outcomes, it’s just good practice to have two drafts more than half-written and ready to go. Then you spend ten minutes filling in the smaller details so you can publish it quickly.

The scandal here is not that they had something read to go saying that he was fired (I’m sure that the WaPo did too), but that their internal controls are so shoddy that they published the draft.

Trump will call him a democratic spokesman in 1, 2, 3…

He does sound suspiciously like a hardened Democrat.

A hardened democrat.

That’s actually true, in that they have redefined ‘Republican’ in terms of loyalty to Trump, rather than any set of principles.

That’s why they’re only showing him from the waist up.

likeplusoneupvote

The Money Quote:

Second, I feel compelled to explain why I have to leave. Four decades ago, I took an oath as a newly commissioned officer. I swore to “support and defend the Constitution,” and that oath did not expire when I took off my uniform. Today, I feel that Fox News is assaulting our constitutional order and the rule of law, while fostering corrosive and unjustified paranoia among viewers. Over my decade with Fox, I long was proud of the association. Now I am ashamed.

In my view, Fox has degenerated from providing a legitimate and much-needed outlet for conservative voices to a mere propaganda machine for a destructive and ethically ruinous administration.

But he was only there for 10 years, they were shit back then too. How far back is he thinking?

I imagine he suddenly realized it was corrosive propaganda right around the time that it stopped generating the kind of results he liked.

It’s great that he’s leaving, but this asshole spent a decade blindly contributing to the Fox News propaganda machine. This is the same guy that literally called President Obama a “total pussy” so I’m having a hard time with his sudden awakening.

Yeah, it’s a little like the Republicans who were just shocked–shocked, I tell you!–at what their party had “become” in 2016. Sorry kids, you’ve been voting for repugnant bullshit for decades. Go cry me a fuckin river that daddy Trump took your already degraded party out behind the shed and did whatever came natural to him.

I think these are all reasons why I find this news heartening. I’m not saying the guy gets a pass, but if a guy who called Obama a total pussy on air and has been not just a fan of the propaganda machine but a part of it can see the light of day? Maybe there’s a point where some viewers can, too.

Dude, no.

It’s different now. Seriously, it is.

I realize that I turned a blind eye to some stuff that I shouldn’t have, but it’s absolutely not the case that the right wing was just “always like this”. It wasn’t. It wasn’t even close.

These guys now are literally about destroying the institutions that make up our nation’s government.

It’s different now.