Fox News thread of fine journalism

Well, O’Reilly wasn’t untouchable. Ailes wasn’t untouchable, and I am sure Hannity is not untouchable.

I think all those people are still rich, well one of them died rich and his son is out for revenge? In the end, rich is rich, rich and free might I add. they need to bring them low, not just off the air. Like… real consequences.

You want to take their money from them? You want to burn their homes and have their kids put up for adoption?

If they have committed crimes fine, let them pay the price but what the freak do you want? I would be happy to see them off TV for good. That would make me very happy.

More like… if they earned their money doing illegal things and they’re part of corruption, yeah, take the money. The kids part isn’t really a focus, although it would be an issue if they are in prison. Ailes’ son actually kind of vowed revenge when his father died against his father’s accusers. I assume he was grieving but the primary point was Ailes isn’t currently rich because he died, but he died rich.

So what are you accusing Fox Headliners of being guilty of? Or is this just a "they are rich so they must have done something " belief?

I think O’Reilly, Hannity and Ailes were scumbags. I have no idea if they ever broke a law. There being out of the public eye would be enough for me.

Well that tweet is unclear, but if he did something illegal, any money gained form it should be taken away. I thought I said that. It has almost nothing to do with him being rich and everything to do with getting rich off something illegal and keeping the money. If that keeps happening, then there is no reason for people not to do illegal things… so long as they get rich.

Oh to answer your other question, I do not have a hidden agenda or belief that rich people are automatically guilty of anything. I have never even implied that.

Well I thought the way this thread was trending is Hannity may have broken laws and if so, and if he is caught, that would be schaden-tastic.

It’s nice O’Reilly is gone, but the Fox Motherfuckplex continues unabated.

Well if even the idea that Hannity may have done something illegal was enough to make Fox decide to get rid of him I would be happy. I would love to see that stupid grin disappear from the airwaves. Or is it cablewaves?

It’s still the same God though. All three believe in the God of Abraham. I guess you’re right in that it refutes the divinity of Christ, but that in itself is a kind of weird aspect of Christianity that makes no real sense, and even if you accept it, Christians don’t believe that Jesus was another God, but rather just one facet of Abraham’s God.

So I honestly can’t really see the notion that “Allah is the one true God” being at all at odds with Christianity. Their lack of faith in Christ is, but not their belief in God.

There was a great read about how one can become divine.

1. born of a divine (most Greek gods)
  2. awarded divinity through trials or sacrifice (Hercules)
  3. Empowered by divinity (nothing actually comes to mind)

Jesus checks all three boxes.

The player characters in Exalted RPG, duh!

Jesus is a special case though, because he’s not merely divine in a polytheistic religion like ancient Greece, but he’s supposedly God in the monotheistic framework of an Abrahamic religion. He’s not “a” God. He IS God. Or rather, he’s a facet of God… but still God. And it gets all weird and dumb.

I realize that the Church actually made all kinds of complex explanations of exactly how this is supposed to work, but none of them have made even the tiniest bit of sense to me, either when I was a kid in Church, or later when I studied them in college. At some point, they always ended up hinging upon some specific point of nonsense that seemed nonsensical on its face. Tom studied them a lot more than me though.

I think that for most Christians though, they just don’t think about it too hard, and just accept it… on some level, not even really accepting it, but literally just not bothering to think about it at all.

And most of the folks who freak out about hearing Allah have no idea how Islam is related to Judaism or Christianity.

The Father, Son and Holy Ghost.

I never got the Holy Ghost part.

To be fair I am a libtard and I am absolutely opposed to my kids being taught any religion without extreme qualifiers (like its all made up). Islam in particular, given it is the most repressive bigoted & sexist major religion in the world. So yeah, put me with the deplorables on this one.

disclaimer: IANAChristian

As I understand it, the “Holy Ghost” is the sense of the divine without a physical representation

I mean, I think all of us here would be opposed to Sharia being taught in school. It’s the fact that it’s completely made up bullshit that’s the issue.

https://www.npr.org/2014/04/07/300246095/if-jesus-never-called-himself-god-how-did-he-become-one

Well I go further, I dont want people tracing out “pretty” calligraphy without context that it represents a world view and religion that… to put it mildly is at odds with the values of the enlightenment and liberal democracy.

Certainly Islam shouldn’t be taught in schools with the intention of making people actually believe it… just like Christianity shouldn’t be. But that’s not what happened in that story from 2015.

Islam, like the other major world religions, has a place in our educational system because it’s a major belief framework of over a billion people. It has had a major impact on human society over the past thousand+ years. That’s important stuff that kids should have some exposure to.

I think it is fair to say that of the major religions Islam has developed in an area that has stayed backward (not because of the religion) and been dominated by others the longest, at least in modern history. The religion has not had to adapt, it had to survive.

I think we are currently at that time when Islam will either fight modern culture and societies, or be lost to them. Some are fighting.