Fox News thread of fine journalism

Pretty sure Whataboutism will be on the Republican party’s platform page any day now (it’s probably already there).

and Keith Olbermann routinely calls the President a ‘motherf—er.’ Do you think either will get fired?

Where is Olbermann working now?

I was thinking about this a little more and whataboutism is probably the best way to get an entry point to education.

Example conversation:

“Roseanne said this but Sam Bee said something bad too, why isn’t she fired?”

“That’s a great point! Let’s talk about why their two comments were different, and why one is leagues beyond being inappropriate while the other is just in poor taste.”

Mind you, I’m sure this won’t work with 99% of the people saying that, but it’s not a bad starting point for a discussion of racism and dynamics of power and a myriad of other social issues, and since they started it you might get past the whole “that’s just social justice warrior shit.”

The trouble is all whataboutisms are rhetorical questions. Once stated, the author’s brain immediately moves on to finding more equivocations to share.

It’s no coincidence that this was a particularly popular tool for Soviet propaganda.

Creationism is built on it too.

“Hai guyz here’s this mountain of evidence painstakingly accumulated over 150 years----”

“Whatabout the Paluxy footprints?”
“Whatabout this guy who says radiometric dating is fiction?”
“Whatabout Darwin converting on his deathbed?”
“Whatabout the irreducible complexity of the bacterial flagellum?”
“Whatabout that bible passage about a brontosaurus?”
“Whatabout this cretaceous rock layer abutting a jurassic one?”

“Ok I have compiled 300 pages’ worth of detailed refutations of all your points.”

“TL; DR”

Gotta be sodomized because he’s gay too.

I happen to catch this interview live on Anderson Cooper. Col. Peters lambasted his former employer, Fox, I surprised Anderson managed to suppress a smile and a cheer. It is even better because Col. Peter quit Fox he wasn’t fired.

ESPN - 5

That’s just amazing. And yes, definitely one of the top honest statements the network has made!

I haven’t even read the article, I just love the headline. Thank god the bad guy was a taco-loving Mexican.

Okay, read the article. No word on the race of the family, but that doesn’t matter as much as brown mugshots.

Truly the olive branch of the 21st century!

But I was assured by Trump that taco trucks on every corner would be a disaster!

Shep Smith doing great work as FOX News’ beard.

“State News? What? That’s impossible, we have a liberal friend!”

I’ve had other liberal friends say the same thing about Shep, but I still really dig him (mostly).

I think someone like Shep is important, because he’s not batshit insane or full-on propagandist but can speak directly to that audience.

He’s like the lone voice of reason in a typhoon of stupid.

Fox news viewers just turn it off when Shep comes on. Now they turn to the even crazier networks like OAA.

Yeah, it’s not like the typical Fox News viewer is sitting there thinking (lol), “hmmm, this guy Shep really has a good point. I should rethink my blind support of this shitty President. In fact, time to rethink some of my life choices overall.” You can’t slurp up the Hannity insanity and still have any brain cells left to absorb a counterpoint from the lone legitimate Fox News talking head.

Not a huge deal - dumb of Trump to give NK yet another propaganda image. I put this here so y’all can join me in imagining the coverage it would have gotten on Fox had it been Obama.