Fox News thread of fine journalism

Not even remotely. It’s barely state news if we’re honest. You need to get the word out early on in case someone spots her in Des Moines or something, but after a couple of weeks… yeah she isn’t gonna be found. There are plenty of people who vanish in a year, but usually it’s local or regional news at best.

It’s not like this chick is likely to appear in California tomorrow.

Odds are they’ll find her body in a field this November if ever.

It’s been regularly covered in the SF Bay Area as well, as her family was from Oakland (and of course, the photogenic nature).

So CA could be a better bet than many. Last I recall hearing was that she could have left with a boyfriend (don’t hold me to that), so CA might not be such a bad bet.

Nah it was her boyfriend that called it in, iirc, and she left behind a bunch of important stuff.

She went out jogging and disappeared. She’s very unlikely to show up anywhere alive.

IIRC her boyfriend was hundreds of miles away when she went missing.

He was out of town I think.

Hate to use Inside Edition, but they have a decent breakdown:

He was 50 miles away working construction, which is pretty normal around here.

I’m pretty sure we need to change the thread title to “…thread of fine propaganda

Seriously, where’s Mollie? Nothing else going on in the world…where’d she go? How long before Pelosi, Clinton, or Obama is blamed? This is just today’s coverage…

“Reliable eyewitnesses claim she was last seem going into the basement of a pizza shop.”

thatsthejoke.jpg

Thank god Republican president Gary Cooper was on watch the day they bombed Pearl Bailey.

Aw man, the dude tries so hard to clean it up.

Were you worried that Mollie Tibbetts had been forgotten since yesterday? Never fear, Fox & the VP are on it. Thoughts & prayers aren’t only for the victims of gun violence.

Just to be clear, this is just a random girl who disappeared, right? I mean, there’s nothing particularly special about her or her case, right?

Damn, I’ve seen Qt3ers get more upset and less detatched over posters who haven’t logged in for four days.

Yeah, pretty much. Ordinary random girl that disappeared, most likely dead by now. This happens every day but Fox News has latched onto it in desperation as they attempt to avoid filling their headlines with news unflattering to their current master.

They talk about it literally every morning during my commute, during the very short time I can stand listening to them.

I mean, it’s sad and all, but the idea of the feds going in to this one particular case seems really weird.

Would it be unusual for the local police to call in the FBI in a missing persons case? Does there need to be an indication that someone crossed a state border or committed a Federal crime before that can happen?

And of course it isn’t just Fox News covering this like it’s the second coming. It is all over the place.

Where else are they talking about it every single day, as if it’s one of the important stories happening the past month in the world? Fox News and I assume Fox affiliates are the only ones I’ve seen this on.

As an old person I still have my e-mail on AOL, yea I know. Anyway, AOL has stories on this (HuffPo?) everyday.

I have also seen it on a couple of my local news stations, one of which is a Fox affiliate.

If you search for this girl’s name, the whole first page of links are just to Fox News.