Fox News thread of fine journalism

Then how about the murder of Dulane Cameron? Happened three days ago in Pittsburgh. A 24 year old waiting in line at a nightclub is stabbed to death for no apparent reason.

The killer turns out to have social media pages that espouse extremist ideas and links to extremist sites. At the moment it looks like the homicide was part of game he was playing of intentionally baiting the people he hates.

If the victim had been a young white woman and the murderer a brown-skinned man, that story would be all over not just Fox but across national media. But because the victim is a black man and the killer is white male (of the alt-right variety), it gets buried as a local story because “it’s just some crazy guy somewhere.”

National crime stories require the victim to be a pretty white woman or child. Killed randomly in most cases by someone who is based in evil, like an illegal alien or a black youth.

Now that they’ve found Mollie Tibbetts, what was she doing before she went missing?! I’m glad that Fox has found a way to fill their news void, now that the search is over.

Let’s retrace her steps

How was she brutally murdered by the illegal alien?

How does Jason Chaffetz feel about this poor murdered white woman and what does he want to do about it?

I do know how I’d feel about Jason Chaffetz himself being murdered by a poor white woman.

Nope, hadn’t heard about that until that article.

It is unreasonable to expect to have heard about every murder or missing person case going on the country. Why some become big and others don’t must say something about the culture. And maybe about the power of the media.

I’m not being sarcastic. You want screenshots. here have some.

CNN

MSN

Now do I go to every news site on the hour everyday… no I don’t.

Not really seeing the guy that killed his entire family much… It’s just all sorts of messed up. Yes, murder is bad, that we have it sucks, but… that guy may have killed two small children, his children, and his wife. It seemed like we had the lady that drove her car off a cliff and lived off carburetor <?> water on the news longer than that.

Except it was big news until they decided he probably did it and the family was found.

I think the guy who killed his family sort of played second fiddle to the Mollie Tibbets story. It was there, and they arrested the husband and charged him first, but it was never as big. You would think a guy killing his own kids would be a big story.

Not if Fox can’t spin it to further their own agenda. No point in reporting something like that.

What made the Peterson murder so big 10 years ago? Missing pretty pregnant white wife.

Were this guys wife and kids ugly or something?

Pretty sure she’s attractive too, it’s just the Mollie + immigrant story is too hard to pass up.

But the Mollie story was huge before there was any “immigrant” angle.

Right, before it was just about a search for a pretty white female college student. Hammered away at that to avoid reporting on the Trump shit show. Once the immigrant factor became known, it’s now the main story.

Honestly I’m not sure why either of these need to be the massive stories that they are. At least Tibbets was a missing person case for a while where the publicity could in theory have helped lead to a discovery. There’s nothing useful or productive to learn from either case, it’s just sick entertainment that the news media feeds us to make a ton of money.

Missing co-ed is more fun than dead mom. There’s the chance she’s found, and she’s…innocent-er? In all interpretations of the word.

Also she was from Iowa. You need to spread the fear and a pretty white girl going missing in Iowa fits the bill.
She checked all the boxes and then the dude that did it was an illegal and they screamed Bingo.

I saw the “guy killing his family” story all over the place, and far more of it than the “missing Iowa girl” story… but then I kind of avoid Fox News.

As for why the family-killer didin’t catch fire… I think two reasons. First, it wasn’t hyped by the country’s most-watched news source as a desperate attempt to distract folks from Trump’s ongoing implosion.

Second, there wasn’t as big a central mystery there. Oh, on the first day the guy made a plea on the news to have folks help him find his family… but that collapsed within hours and he was always a suspect. After their bodies were found it ceased to be a story about “where are the wife and kids?” and instead became a “why did he do it” inquisition. Much less dramatic and interesting.

Pretty sure the “Dad kills wife and kids to start new life with mistress” story has faded into the background more because it’s played out than anything else. They arrested the guy, the story was all over the news for a few days, and now he’ll rot while they create a case against him. You won’t hear much more until his trial approaches…unless some additional salacious details emerge. That’s just the news cycle.

I’m far more outraged over the lack of coverage of the over 1000 people alleged to have been abused by Catholic priests in Pennsylvania alone, and the resulting investigation that uncovered the church’s 50+ year pattern of quietly sweeping such incidents under the rug, sending the priests off for a 6-month vacation someplace, then reassigning them to congregations and contact with children again.

How the fuck is a decades old conspiracy dedicated to the cover-up of the abuse of children not FRONT PAGE OUTRAGE every single day? This is literally the crazy right-wing pizza parlor conspiracy theory only FOR REAL…and yet Conservatives will pretty much blow it off because…religion.

Here is the Fox News front page right now. See anything about the church abuse scandal? Nope. Top story is an attack on Democrat Ocasio-Cortez for her staffers using Uber instead of yellow cabs.

There’s also this

Then there is this wonderful little corner of the Fox News front page:

Capture

What a fantastic summary of everything Fox stands for (hint : it’s White Males). You have two stories that put the fear into white people that they could be fired or forced out of their jobs because they said the n-word 35 years ago or once made a reference that black people might find offensive, and you round it out with a nice little bash against women attempting to infiltrate a male-dominated career field.