Fox News thread of fine journalism

Heh…

Opinion done right… wing, am I right?

I was thinking more “Opinions Done Alt-Right”

Yeah, that’s better.

So it’s apparently just for their new streaming service. Imagine paying money to hear even more from the Right Wing Noise Machine.

Fox News Channel will use that tagline for its new streaming-video subscription-based Fox Nation service, slated to launch in the fourth quarter of the year. The slogan would suggest the new service, said to be aimed at Fox News “superfans,” will emphasize the opinion programming that brings top ratings to the 21st Century Fox cable-news network’s primetime lineup.

“All your favorite imbecilic talking points without that pesky Shep Smith to come along and correct everything.”

I start suffering weird side effects when I don’t get my fix of Hannity. I mean, the power was out for hours the other day and just for a moment I caught myself thinking of the coloreds as something almost akin to people. I’m still a little shaken tbh.

So they’re creating a new subscription streaming service specifically for “Fox News Superfans”. I hope they did the market research beforehand, because when I think of Fox News Superfans I think of the following demographics:

1. Low income / low education rural whites
  2. White people over 60
  3. Racists (may also contain people from groups 1 & 2)

Group 1 can’t afford streaming services, Group 2 doesn’t know how to use streaming services, which leaves only Group 3. Are there really enough racists in America to support a FOX streaming service?

Narrator voice : “There are.”

You’re assuming that folks in 1. won’t sacrifice their general well-being in order to get MOAR FOX.

Sadly, based on everything we’ve witnessed over the past decade, that is probably a spot on assessment.
“I don’t need my medication, Hannity will heal me through the computer! Praise Hannity!”

I’m sure there are plenty who know how to stream. What is good for Fox with this is that older demographic doesn’t draw advertisers as well, so getting streaming income is a better way to monetize that demographic. If you can get them to sign up. My guess is that’s the real challenge. You’ve already got Fox News as part of your cable – why pay for more of the same? Older people tend to be frugal, I believe.

Kanye’s gonna be pissed.

So Pence can’t call him daddy anymore?

That has to be the first Onion headline for a news story where the joke isn’t the headline itself. They’re actually forcing me to click the link to find out the joke.

I didn’t see any jokes in the video, just straight facts about Tucker.

I’m still operating under the theory that they’ve started just reporting it straight, but with a side of snark.

Gasp