Fox News thread of fine journalism

I won’t speak for Nicks uncle, but this is definitely a thing. I know people, family even, who’ve gone hunting for turkey or pheasant with a bow. It’s definitely a skill show off thing.

Handguns are interesting in that, practically, the round shouldn’t have a huge discrepancy in stopping power. Sure there is some velocity drop off for similar rounds compared to a rifle, gas expansion transferrin more energy to the projectile due to longer time, but theoretically the rounds can be pretty similar.

However there is a big difference in a) accuracy, especially over distance and b) how big a round you really want to shoot because they can kick like a mule. Which also impacts accuracy.

But there’s all sorts of subcultures there. He might be in it for the challenge, and a deer with a handgun is certainly more challenging than the traditional shotgun and rifle rounds used.

A lot of hunters in areas with stuff like bears carry a massive bore handgun in case they run into one, even if they’re hunting something with a bow.

It’s not uncommon for wild boar as I understand it either for similar reasons.

There’s a group of people who do YouTube videos etc. and their whole ethos is to hunt using medieval techniques. I wandered into them while watching videos from those guys who demonstrate longsword combat, armor, etc. Handy for research purposes if you’re writing something along those lines. Don’t remember the name offhand – it’s in my notes somewhere.

It’s remarkably hard to hit even close targets in a hurry with a pistol. There are target pistols, of course, but they’re useless when it comes to stopping power. If someone can effectively hunt deer with a pistol, they’re rare indeed.

It’s not uncommon. I believe my father in law has a rather large pistol that he practices with and talks about going hunting with. Whether he has actually gone hunting with the pistol is not something I am sure of. I don’t really pay attention to when he takes his rifle and/or pistol.

Yeah, a lot hunters here carry a handgun as a backup when hunting deer. I don’t know anyone who’s ever had to use one for that. But, if you did run into a black bear, you’d want to be able to fire rounds faster than the hunting rifle would be able to, especially considering that you wouldn’t normally fire on it unless it was close, assuming you aren’t intentionally hunting the bear.

Why the hell would you shoot at a black bear? Just mouth fart sounds and it will run away.

3 days and 55 posts about guns and hunting. Should I start a new thread, or can we get back to hating on Fox News?

Seriously.

We can hate Fox for pushing the idea that the strength of the NRA primarily comes from hunters… it doesn’t.

Oh, back to Fox News? Did someone mention Clinton? Lots to talk about in October 2018!

I have friends that used to hunt wild boar in the coast range of central California. I remember them talking about carrying handguns “just in case”. Boar can be big and mean.

Unless it’s a mother whose cubs are in the area, then you might have a bad day

It’s gonna be supposing when Malathor decided that he never liked Mattis anyway, because he was just a libtard cuck.

Your phone is still persecuting you for having once been a Republican.

Autocorrect conspiracy!

Hillary managed to get one catchphrase to stick compared to Tump’s mountain of them, and it’s this. Thanks, Hillary.

It sticks because it’s all they’ve got.

We’ve got a variety of memes to choose from, eg “tired of winning”, “good people on both sides”, “covfefe”, “the best people”, “grab them by the pussy”, etc.

I thought we already had this with Jeff Foxworthy and friends and their Blue Collar Comedy Tour? Maybe they’ve just renamed it?

“If you call the cops whenever you so much as see a black or brown person…
…you might be a Deplorable!”