Fox News thread of fine journalism

Neither was Olbermann and he had to quit because he donated to Obama or some shit.

Rules are for everyone else.

Oh, okay

These rallies are super impromptu things. You know, if the President’s there, you just kind of show up at the last minute and hop on stage. No planning there, no sir.

Yeah, if Rachel Maddow just happened to hop on stage with a Dem candidate, I’m sure FOX News viewers would be just as cool with it.

Nah, she’d be out of a job the next day.

Doesn’t she do that in her studio each night? 🤔

Hannity is not Rather or Cronkite, Hannity is like the radio evangalists of the 1930’s.

Well, the truth is Olbermann would have been fired for something else if it wasn’t that. The guy hasn’t been able to hold a job more than 1-2 years at a time for 15 years now.

Unfortunately, most Fox viewers, as well as the freaking President of the United States, he is.

Probably, but that’s only because there isn’t a liberal Fox. Hannity is way crazier than Olbermann and has had a job forever.

But it was totally off the cuff and unexpected.

I can’t even imagine what it must be like to be aligned with people that constantly lie with no shame at all.

You forget Olbermann was fired from MSNBC for being a little too enthusiastic in his opinions. Granted MSNBC and Fox are not the same in their “coverage”.

Sure, but that was my point in relation to MSNBC being “liberal Fox News.” They aren’t, they fired Olbermann. If it was liberal Fox News he’d be their top-rated host and have job security no matter what he did.

Olbermann was fired for violating a policy of contributing to candidates without prior approval by the network, and then for predictably reacting badly when he was suspended. Such a policy wouldn’t last a day at a media outlet on the right; the cries of ‘free speech violation’ would burst your eardrums.

Olbermann is a loose cannon who can’t control his mouth. His past employment history demonstrates that.

It’s not that I hate Olbermann, the guy was great in his first stint at ESPN and he was okay at MSNBC. He just can’t keep his mouth shut to save his job.

And as I said upthread, I know MSNBC/ESPN are not Fox News. But is that what we want them to be?

Ya, Olbermann definitely didn’t lack any amount of craziness.

He’s not the imbecile that Hannity is, but he wasn’t exactly a calm voice of reason.

And yeah, as Scuzz says… the bar for correct behavior is not fucking Fox News.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/11/06/media/fox-news-sean-hannity-jeanine-pirro-trump-rally/index.html

New York (CNN)Fox News journalists were outraged and disgusted after Sean Hannity, the network’s star host, campaigned with President Donald Trump on Monday night ahead of the midterm elections, more than half a dozen employees told CNN Business.

“People throughout the company think a new line was crossed,” one senior Fox News employee told CNN Business on Tuesday.

“It disturbs me to my core,” said another senior Fox News employee, who added, “I am so f—ing mad.”

“We were all told that Hannity was going to interview the president, but no one that I spoke with expected what happened last night,” added a third senior Fox News employee. “I’m aghast as are a number of other people.”

The Fox News employees all spoke on the condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to publicly discuss the matter.

If I close my eyes and attune myself with the world, I can almost sense the furrowed brows.

I felt a minuscule disturbance in the Force, as if several voices suddenly cried out in mild concern and went about their normal shitty business. I fear something inconsequential has happened.

I’m really confused over the response to the Hannity thing, as I don’t feel like a new line was crossed. I don’t see how this is any worse than what he says on his show. I’m only surprised by the reaction.