Fox News thread of fine journalism

Apparently him campaigning for Trump on TV on a daily basis is somehow different if he does the exact same thing in person. It’s FOX. I don’t think they have any lines anymore, and the hand-wringing will lead and not willing to put a name to outrage means nothing will happen so… nothing happened. It’s a whole lot of nothing so a couple of employees can say but I wasn’t like them, I just got mad, really mad!

One of these people is Chris Wallace. Another is Shep.

The kabuki dance, it is a delicate mystery.

I was thinking, “One of those is Chris Wallace. The other is Shep.”

And there’s an exec or two unhappy because Hannity made Fox look like they can’t control him. Because they probably can’t. Hannity is like an unofficial cabinet member.

Can you imagine the conservative heads exploding if Jim Acosta (CNN), Rachel Maddow (MSNBC) or Lester Holt (NBC) got on a stage somewhere and stumped for a Democratic candidate for anything?

We don’t think of Hannity as an actual news journalist, but FOX does, as do their viewers, and the example this sets, the door it opens, is horrific. It makes their network look very bad given their base’s constant outcry about Fake News and partisan slants in the media, and hence they’re pissed. If someone else had done it first, they’d be more than happy to send Hannity and all their other talking heads out on the campaign trail, but this was Hannity going rogue and making Fox News look embarrassingly bad.

I wonder what position in the cabinet Trump will give Hannity after he quits Fox News rather than admit wrongdoing? Is U.N. Ambassador still up for grabs?

Why not Attorney General? I hear a vacancy just opened up!

Not at all, but this all stems from the statement “MSNBC is the liberal Fox News.” Which… isn’t true.

I never liked Olbermann, but my point was that Fox News is terrible and there is no equivalent on the left.

Fox knows damn well that Hannity is not on the News side and they know purposely package his show so most viewers do think it is news.

I don’t think MSNBC or Olbermann literally lie to their viewers. Or even that they knowingly present false narratives. They’re liberal, usually, but they’re playing it straight.

That’s my interpretation of them. I don’t think they’re shy about where their political leanings lie, but they cover the news. I saw my fair share of BUT HER EMAILS on their channel.

The everpresent danger of playing to what’s popular/gossippy as compared to what’s important.

Same. He’s a Trump cheerleader and apologist and buddy on air, and it’s fine, but he shows up in person and it crosses a line? If that bothered some Fox news employees, well, it should, but his antics every night should bother them equally. They are working at that shit media channel and whoring themselves for money when they know it’s all horseshit, so, to use a phrase all the rage with Trumpolos, fuck their feelings.

I don’t know where else to put this, so it goes here, even though this isn’t about Fox.

Jim Acosta of CNN is getting his White House press credentials revoked.

People need to stop expecting trump to act like a civilized human being. Start calling him the trash that he is. Over and over again.

Yep. Bottom line. He’s repellent trash, he always will be, don’t expect him to be anything else at any time. He won’t be.

Look at that assault.