Fox News thread of fine journalism

You forget Olbermann was fired from MSNBC for being a little too enthusiastic in his opinions. Granted MSNBC and Fox are not the same in their “coverage”.

Sure, but that was my point in relation to MSNBC being “liberal Fox News.” They aren’t, they fired Olbermann. If it was liberal Fox News he’d be their top-rated host and have job security no matter what he did.

Olbermann was fired for violating a policy of contributing to candidates without prior approval by the network, and then for predictably reacting badly when he was suspended. Such a policy wouldn’t last a day at a media outlet on the right; the cries of ‘free speech violation’ would burst your eardrums.

Olbermann is a loose cannon who can’t control his mouth. His past employment history demonstrates that.

It’s not that I hate Olbermann, the guy was great in his first stint at ESPN and he was okay at MSNBC. He just can’t keep his mouth shut to save his job.

And as I said upthread, I know MSNBC/ESPN are not Fox News. But is that what we want them to be?

Ya, Olbermann definitely didn’t lack any amount of craziness.

He’s not the imbecile that Hannity is, but he wasn’t exactly a calm voice of reason.

And yeah, as Scuzz says… the bar for correct behavior is not fucking Fox News.

New York (CNN)Fox News journalists were outraged and disgusted after Sean Hannity, the network’s star host, campaigned with President Donald Trump on Monday night ahead of the midterm elections, more than half a dozen employees told CNN Business.

“People throughout the company think a new line was crossed,” one senior Fox News employee told CNN Business on Tuesday.

“It disturbs me to my core,” said another senior Fox News employee, who added, “I am so f—ing mad.”

“We were all told that Hannity was going to interview the president, but no one that I spoke with expected what happened last night,” added a third senior Fox News employee. “I’m aghast as are a number of other people.”

The Fox News employees all spoke on the condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to publicly discuss the matter.

If I close my eyes and attune myself with the world, I can almost sense the furrowed brows.

I felt a minuscule disturbance in the Force, as if several voices suddenly cried out in mild concern and went about their normal shitty business. I fear something inconsequential has happened.

I’m really confused over the response to the Hannity thing, as I don’t feel like a new line was crossed. I don’t see how this is any worse than what he says on his show. I’m only surprised by the reaction.

Apparently him campaigning for Trump on TV on a daily basis is somehow different if he does the exact same thing in person. It’s FOX. I don’t think they have any lines anymore, and the hand-wringing will lead and not willing to put a name to outrage means nothing will happen so… nothing happened. It’s a whole lot of nothing so a couple of employees can say but I wasn’t like them, I just got mad, really mad!

One of these people is Chris Wallace. Another is Shep.

The kabuki dance, it is a delicate mystery.

I was thinking, “One of those is Chris Wallace. The other is Shep.”

And there’s an exec or two unhappy because Hannity made Fox look like they can’t control him. Because they probably can’t. Hannity is like an unofficial cabinet member.

Can you imagine the conservative heads exploding if Jim Acosta (CNN), Rachel Maddow (MSNBC) or Lester Holt (NBC) got on a stage somewhere and stumped for a Democratic candidate for anything?

We don’t think of Hannity as an actual news journalist, but FOX does, as do their viewers, and the example this sets, the door it opens, is horrific. It makes their network look very bad given their base’s constant outcry about Fake News and partisan slants in the media, and hence they’re pissed. If someone else had done it first, they’d be more than happy to send Hannity and all their other talking heads out on the campaign trail, but this was Hannity going rogue and making Fox News look embarrassingly bad.

I wonder what position in the cabinet Trump will give Hannity after he quits Fox News rather than admit wrongdoing? Is U.N. Ambassador still up for grabs?

Why not Attorney General? I hear a vacancy just opened up!

Not at all, but this all stems from the statement “MSNBC is the liberal Fox News.” Which… isn’t true.

I never liked Olbermann, but my point was that Fox News is terrible and there is no equivalent on the left.

Fox knows damn well that Hannity is not on the News side and they know purposely package his show so most viewers do think it is news.

I don’t think MSNBC or Olbermann literally lie to their viewers. Or even that they knowingly present false narratives. They’re liberal, usually, but they’re playing it straight.

That’s my interpretation of them. I don’t think they’re shy about where their political leanings lie, but they cover the news. I saw my fair share of BUT HER EMAILS on their channel.