Fox News thread of fine journalism

Stolen from my friend’s Facebook feed

It would be good if Hannity died.

It’s worth pointing out that that’s a parody account, though with Hannity, it’s pretty hard to tell the difference.

Doesn’t make Timex’ statement any less true, though.

Is it? I had no idea. Sorry, but, as you say, who could possibly know?

Edit: I see it is, but it’s hard to parody a moron like this.

Whoever’s running that parody account needs to be introduced to Poe’s Law.

I think it’s a mistake for Dems to attack Ivanka:

• The underlying offense is fairly trivial (it was with Clinton, too)
  • Attacking someone’s kid always looks bad, even if they’re a 30-something who works in the WH
  • She’s the closest thing that Team Trump has to a sympathetic figure

Most important – you can’t focus on everything at once, so you have to pick and choose your battles. Of all the horrors on which the Dems could try to focus media attention, this seems like a bad one.

She’s nearly 40. Sarah Sanders is Mike Huckabee’s kid and she’s younger than Ivanka. Does that make her off-limits too?

What I would like to attack is not ivankas minor transgression but Trump’s raging hypocrisy.

I know, I know, throw it on the pile…

Everyone is somebody’s kid. But nobody thinks that people attack Sanders because they hate her father. With Ivanka, that absolutely is part of it.

And I wouldn’t call Ivanka off-limits. I’m just saying that you have to pick your battles. There are dozens (hundreds?) of stories more important than Ivanka fucking up email protocol. News coverage is a zero-sum game, and every moment spent on one story is a moment not spent broadcasting another.

I’m just saying, pick another.

I disagree. We have the majority. We hammer them everywhere and we hammer it hard.

And if the GOP argues that it isn’t a big deal it shows them to be hypocrites.

I’m wondering if he got bonus points for the Uranium One conspiracy theory reference?

You realize this is not how they really operate, and despite the despicable nature of the messaging coming out of the GOP, it’s effective. The question is does the voting public care about the email protocol thing. Once you find out about that, then you decide whether to hammer it.

I think cruelty is at the heart of the new GOP more than racism. Trump and Ingraham and all those types are giving people permission to be cruel and feel OK about it.

Wood’s natural, so no problem with clubbing them too.

Isn’t lead natural?

That’s just what Big Heavy Metal wants you to think.

Well, that has been at the heart of the lure of racism (and slavery) as well - it makes a certain type of person feel better about themselves if they can put other people down, and that really is the target audience.

True, the othering in racism allows people to be at peace with cruel treatment of certain groups.

It’s interesting how big a role mode-switching can play in human behavior. War/peace too.

In peace there’s nothing so becomes a man
As modest stillness and humility:
But when the blast of war blows in our ears,
Then imitate the action of the tiger;
Stiffen the sinews, summon up the blood,
Disguise fair nature with hard-favour’d rage;
Then lend the eye a terrible aspect;
Let pry through the portage of the head
Like the brass cannon; let the brow o’erwhelm it
As fearfully as doth a galled rock
O’erhang and jutty his confounded base,
Swill’d with the wild and wasteful ocean.
Now set the teeth and stretch the nostril wide,
Hold hard the breath and bend up every spirit
To his full height.