Fox News thread of fine journalism

Like Wilikins, Vimes’ butler, during the invasion of Klatch (“I’ll chop ya tonker off you greasy… Oh is that you Sir Samuel?”).

This guy isn’t Fox, but still.

Speaking of which, where is Qt3 discussing that? That’s got to be in the Tariff thread, right? GM has been hit pretty hard by those tariffs. I’m just intimidated by the Tariff thread, since I’m 198 posts behind.

That’s just kind of incredible. It’s this sort of thing that leads to be feeling like I live in a completely different reality than my parents, since Hannity and Facebook (where they’ve blocked everyone that’s not supportive enough of Trump, from what I’ve been told) are their sole sources of information.

The extent that Fox News doesn’t even try to obfuscate the fact that they’re the propaganda arm of the Republican party just blows me away.

More fine Journalism from Fox:

To be halfway fair, Fox & Friends is the equivalent of Good Morning America or the Today Show… it’s not 60 Minutes and I don’t think anyone expects them to be.

As the article itself notes, the interview subject typically knows the general gist of the questions prior to the show:

Cable-news veterans told The Daily Beast that it is common for television producers to discuss topics in advance with their subjects; and, on occasion, producers will ask pre-interview questions to understand what a subject has to offer, and why their information is relevant.

And that’s for an honest-to-gosh journalistic interview, not the softball fluff pieces on an morning “infortainment” program. I would be absolutely stunned if the political guests on GMA or Today didn’t get the questions - or at least a detailed outline of what was to be discussed - far in advance as well.

Well the President doesn’t get his daily news and intelligence reports from either of those shows so they’re definitely not equivalent in any way.

Boy, is Lou going to be surprised when he finds out about Donnie’s involvement with it all.

Hey, animals are great and I think the world is in need of that message more than the developments of some human investigation into another human. I’m with Fox on this one, though I am assuming they used that headline to segue into advocating for a dramatic increase in wildlife protection areas and an international agreement on biodiversity requirements.

Maybe they’re just trying to finally live up to the “Fox News” label.

The irony being that Fox is fine with killing literally all of the animals ever if it produces a single minimum wage job someplace.

Spoiler: the rest of it said “TO EAT!”

Fixed that for you.

Animals are great… except for Sex Pandas

Once news consumption is well Balkanized, it gives a lot of extra power in terms of what you cover as news, and what you IGNORE as not news.

At the gym I’m forced to see Fox News with captions on in the background, generally Tucker Carlson.

It reminds me of the over-the-top parodies about propaganda you see in a bad TV show. All about immigrants taking away your money, somehow aligning themselves with the finance industry, and Hillary Clinton popping up like every single night no matter what happened that day.

Seasonally there’s plenty of the left hates Christmas too.

Oops?

HA, love it.