Fox News thread of fine journalism

I’m wondering if he got bonus points for the Uranium One conspiracy theory reference?

You realize this is not how they really operate, and despite the despicable nature of the messaging coming out of the GOP, it’s effective. The question is does the voting public care about the email protocol thing. Once you find out about that, then you decide whether to hammer it.

I think cruelty is at the heart of the new GOP more than racism. Trump and Ingraham and all those types are giving people permission to be cruel and feel OK about it.

Wood’s natural, so no problem with clubbing them too.

Isn’t lead natural?

That’s just what Big Heavy Metal wants you to think.

Well, that has been at the heart of the lure of racism (and slavery) as well - it makes a certain type of person feel better about themselves if they can put other people down, and that really is the target audience.

True, the othering in racism allows people to be at peace with cruel treatment of certain groups.

It’s interesting how big a role mode-switching can play in human behavior. War/peace too.

In peace there’s nothing so becomes a man
As modest stillness and humility:
But when the blast of war blows in our ears,
Then imitate the action of the tiger;
Stiffen the sinews, summon up the blood,
Disguise fair nature with hard-favour’d rage;
Then lend the eye a terrible aspect;
Let pry through the portage of the head
Like the brass cannon; let the brow o’erwhelm it
As fearfully as doth a galled rock
O’erhang and jutty his confounded base,
Swill’d with the wild and wasteful ocean.
Now set the teeth and stretch the nostril wide,
Hold hard the breath and bend up every spirit
To his full height.

Like Wilikins, Vimes’ butler, during the invasion of Klatch (“I’ll chop ya tonker off you greasy… Oh is that you Sir Samuel?”).

This guy isn’t Fox, but still.

Speaking of which, where is Qt3 discussing that? That’s got to be in the Tariff thread, right? GM has been hit pretty hard by those tariffs. I’m just intimidated by the Tariff thread, since I’m 198 posts behind.

That’s just kind of incredible. It’s this sort of thing that leads to be feeling like I live in a completely different reality than my parents, since Hannity and Facebook (where they’ve blocked everyone that’s not supportive enough of Trump, from what I’ve been told) are their sole sources of information.

The extent that Fox News doesn’t even try to obfuscate the fact that they’re the propaganda arm of the Republican party just blows me away.

More fine Journalism from Fox:

To be halfway fair, Fox & Friends is the equivalent of Good Morning America or the Today Show… it’s not 60 Minutes and I don’t think anyone expects them to be.

As the article itself notes, the interview subject typically knows the general gist of the questions prior to the show:

Cable-news veterans told The Daily Beast that it is common for television producers to discuss topics in advance with their subjects; and, on occasion, producers will ask pre-interview questions to understand what a subject has to offer, and why their information is relevant.

And that’s for an honest-to-gosh journalistic interview, not the softball fluff pieces on an morning “infortainment” program. I would be absolutely stunned if the political guests on GMA or Today didn’t get the questions - or at least a detailed outline of what was to be discussed - far in advance as well.

Well the President doesn’t get his daily news and intelligence reports from either of those shows so they’re definitely not equivalent in any way.

Boy, is Lou going to be surprised when he finds out about Donnie’s involvement with it all.

Hey, animals are great and I think the world is in need of that message more than the developments of some human investigation into another human. I’m with Fox on this one, though I am assuming they used that headline to segue into advocating for a dramatic increase in wildlife protection areas and an international agreement on biodiversity requirements.