Fox News thread of fine journalism

I did something I never do last night and tuned into Tucker Carlson.

30 seconds well spent - I learned the reason they kept Hillary’s emails secret was because of … Benghazi!
That’s huge.
/s

Edit: Taking a dip into /r conservative, Hillary’s emails are getting a lot of play because:

The email controversy that dogged Hillary Clinton through much of the 2016 presidential race could well be kicking around through the 2020 contest after a federal judge ordered additional fact-finding into whether Clinton’s use of the private email system was a deliberate effort to thwart the Freedom of Information Act.

She’s bound to be impeached now!

The irony being, of course, that if they nail Clinton for that all of the Trumps are guilty of it.
They can’t claim it was only a “confidentiality” thing that made what Clinton did “bad”.

As an update, Fox News has not used its Twitter account since November 8th.

There has to be some compelling (i.e. legal) reason for that, like they’re afraid of being charged with helping El Presidente obstruct justice. But it’s weird that it’s just the Twitter account: they’re still happily telling Donnie what to think and do on TV.

Haha, nailed it.

This piece is not very intellectually honest, which isn’t surprising considering it’s by von Spakovsky. He’s arguing that the hostility of the SDNY sentencing memo toward Cohen ‘proves’ that Cohen didn’t give the SCO anything implicating Trump on Russia, and deliberately ignoring the very different take from the SCO’s own sentencing memo.

No collusion, just multiple felonies. Nothing to see here guys.

Al Capone just tweeted that he’s feeling pretty good because Federal prosecutors haven’t proven he’s behind any murders at all.

It was a protest thing, as I recall

Uh… Remember the 60s and 70s?

I sat down to eat in a restaurant on the way home from a swim meet tonight and Hannity is on the TV. “The Clintons’ Cloud of Corruption” on the chyron.

Really. How in the world does this country get back on track if people are watching and believing the fiction on this channel?

On top of everything else, the whole premise is baffling to me. No one in the Clinton family holds office. Even if there were a “cloud of corruption” around them, why would it merit headline coverage?

If Fox viewers just had a shred of critical thinking, the whole thing would come crashing down.

"As usual, the face of Emmanuel Goldstein, the Enemy of the People, had flashed on to the screen. There were hisses here and there among the audience. The little sandy-haired woman gave a squeak of mingled fear and disgust. Goldstein was the renegade and backslider who once, long ago (how long ago, nobody quite remembered), had been one of the leading figures of the Party, almost on a level with Big Brother himself, and then had engaged in counter-revolutionary activities, had been condemned to death, and had mysteriously escaped and disappeared. The programmes of the Two Minutes Hate varied from day to day, but there was none in which Goldstein was not the principal figure…

… what was strange was that although Goldstein was hated and despised by everybody, although every day and a thousand times a day, on platforms, on the telescreen, in newspapers, in books, his theories were refuted, smashed, ridiculed, held up to the general gaze for the pitiful rubbish that they were — in spite of all this, his influence never seemed to grow less. Always there were fresh dupes waiting to be seduced by him. A day never passed when spies and saboteurs acting under his directions were not unmasked by the Thought Police. He was the commander of a vast shadowy army, an underground network of conspirators dedicated to the overthrow of the State…

… the hostile figure melted into the face of Big Brother, black-haired, black-moustachio’d, full of power and mysterious calm, and so vast that it almost filled up the screen. Nobody heard what Big Brother was saying. It was merely a few words of encouragement, the sort of words that are uttered in the din of battle, not distinguishable individually but restoring confidence by the fact of being spoken. Then the face of Big Brother faded away again, and instead the three slogans of the Party stood out in bold capitals:

WAR IS PEACE
FREEDOM IS SLAVERY
IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH"

When the Clintons are dead and buried, there will still be some Fox News shows focusing on how corrupt they are and why we need to prosecute them.

My new conspiracy theory I just invented: Fox News will start funneling money to 3rd parties to donate to a possible Chelsea run for office. Think of the ratings bonanza!

I wonder what exotic sexual groups are; if anyone reading knows, it’s time to spill.