Fox News thread of fine journalism

It was a protest thing, as I recall

Uh… Remember the 60s and 70s?

I sat down to eat in a restaurant on the way home from a swim meet tonight and Hannity is on the TV. “The Clintons’ Cloud of Corruption” on the chyron.

Really. How in the world does this country get back on track if people are watching and believing the fiction on this channel?

On top of everything else, the whole premise is baffling to me. No one in the Clinton family holds office. Even if there were a “cloud of corruption” around them, why would it merit headline coverage?

If Fox viewers just had a shred of critical thinking, the whole thing would come crashing down.

"As usual, the face of Emmanuel Goldstein, the Enemy of the People, had flashed on to the screen. There were hisses here and there among the audience. The little sandy-haired woman gave a squeak of mingled fear and disgust. Goldstein was the renegade and backslider who once, long ago (how long ago, nobody quite remembered), had been one of the leading figures of the Party, almost on a level with Big Brother himself, and then had engaged in counter-revolutionary activities, had been condemned to death, and had mysteriously escaped and disappeared. The programmes of the Two Minutes Hate varied from day to day, but there was none in which Goldstein was not the principal figure…

… what was strange was that although Goldstein was hated and despised by everybody, although every day and a thousand times a day, on platforms, on the telescreen, in newspapers, in books, his theories were refuted, smashed, ridiculed, held up to the general gaze for the pitiful rubbish that they were — in spite of all this, his influence never seemed to grow less. Always there were fresh dupes waiting to be seduced by him. A day never passed when spies and saboteurs acting under his directions were not unmasked by the Thought Police. He was the commander of a vast shadowy army, an underground network of conspirators dedicated to the overthrow of the State…

… the hostile figure melted into the face of Big Brother, black-haired, black-moustachio’d, full of power and mysterious calm, and so vast that it almost filled up the screen. Nobody heard what Big Brother was saying. It was merely a few words of encouragement, the sort of words that are uttered in the din of battle, not distinguishable individually but restoring confidence by the fact of being spoken. Then the face of Big Brother faded away again, and instead the three slogans of the Party stood out in bold capitals:

WAR IS PEACE
FREEDOM IS SLAVERY
IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH"

When the Clintons are dead and buried, there will still be some Fox News shows focusing on how corrupt they are and why we need to prosecute them.

My new conspiracy theory I just invented: Fox News will start funneling money to 3rd parties to donate to a possible Chelsea run for office. Think of the ratings bonanza!

I wonder what exotic sexual groups are; if anyone reading knows, it’s time to spill.

Exotic sexual groups? How do I register as a Democrat, again? I think that sounds a lot more fun than a party full of old white guys.

In Utah that just means doing positions other than missionary. So don’t get too excited.

Fox just loves putting racist hags on to say racist things. Red meat for their audience.

What a letdown. I’ll just have to drown my sorrows in my 3.2% beer. :(

At that rate you are more likely to drown yourself before your sorrows.

But now I’m sensing a business opportunity in border towns in Colorado…

Utah bootleggers are probably the only thing keeping Evanston, WY alive. The liquor store there must account for 50% of the local economy.

Wait, I could have sworn I had a nice craft IPA in the Salt Lake airport. Was I duped with a 3.2%-er?

I had heard in the past that Oklahoma had the absolute worst laws regarding beer, but apparently they just lifted a ton of them.

That makes you guys the worst in the nation now. So maybe a good motto for a license plate? “Where the water is clear and so is the beer!” :)

They can sell high AC beer if they have a liquor license.

Right. You can get nice beer here, but you’re stuck with 3.2% unless you’re hitting up the liquor store or a pub.

That Coulter quote could just as easiky go in the Nei-Nazi thread

So could Coulter, as something akin to a thread mascot. I hate that woman.