Fox News thread of fine journalism

Yeah, surprised they didn’t just go with “candles”.

EDIT: didn’t realize it was linking to a tweet, so of course twitter already had that covered.

The reality behind that asinine graph:

Rent $825? “Klee lives in a shared house with four roommates and one dog.”

Transportation $130? "Klee pays $81.50 for a monthly CharlieCard, which lets him use subway and bus lines around Boston. “I live pretty close to where I work, so I take the T,” he says.

He also spends between $40 to $50 on Lyft rides each month."

Phone $40? “Klee is still on his family’s phone plan. His part of the bill comes to $40 per month.”

I’m not sure what the point of the article is, with that info. Young guy lives with 4 roommates, has no car, is still on his family phone plan, and manages to save money. Yay?

Also, he’s an independent contractor with no job security, wildly variable business overhead ($250 to $1,500 a month) and has been lucky with health apparently as there is no mention of co-pays or deductibles.

What is the point of that article? If a whole bunch of things go your way and you are willing to live as 1 of 5 roommates, with no car, you can save a bunch of money in the very short term?

Avocados.

Plus, no student loan debt! From Princeton! Thanks mom and dad!

Today we look at how a 40yo man of questionable intellect is somehow able to save money for the future while living in NYC and surviving on income from his father’s empire of lies, scams, and grifting.

Who the fuck would live with 4 roommates if they make $100k a year?

Well that way they only have to drug one or two victims at the bar each night for happy hour fun time at the bachelor pad. Consolidation is the way to save that salary!

I would if I didn’t have kids. Consider that many working people cohabitat with their romantic partner, who often works. That’s effectively living with a roommate. Rent is the biggest expense I’ve got every month. If I could halve it, I could afford to take 3 two-week trips abroad every year on the savings, or buy a new mid-size car every couple of years. It’s a lot of money.

And that’s why you have no money! Consider living more like our hypothetical spendthrift here. The only unnecessary spending is $600 a month to charities!

Klee is the first to acknowledge he’s benefited from both luck and privilege: “Growing up in a family that talked a lot about money was a definite advantage,” he says. “In a lot of ways, I feel like I’m good with money, but I’m playing life on ‘Easy’ mode: I’m a single guy with no dependents and I make a pretty solid income.”

I read that first line and assumed he was going to say how lucky he was to be born a white male, with parents that paid for his Princeton education, etc, but no, he’s “good with money” or something. Playing life on Easy mode, not because of the privilege of his birth but because of his own achievements (staying single and making solid income). Man, fuck this guy.

That’s a tall ask. I mean most people with those said privileges aren’t going to acknowledge those privileges until someone prompts them like… hey this piece on racism. Mostly because they don’t realize that those of not said privileges get prompts on nearly a daily basis for just… living while . They have the privilege of not engaging all the time.

And now hey, here’s some free advertising for his business. I wonder if his mom was able to set up that article. Do they ever do these on actual real people of America? Or is that too depressing?

No one cares how the peasants live.

Tuition is free at many Ivy League level schools if the student’s parents don’t make much money. For example, if your parents make less than $125,000 a year, Stanford is Tution Free and if the students make less than $65,000 a year, the student gets free room and board as well.

Ok, different strokes for different folks. Even when I made $25-$30k I was chafing with just one roommate.

I assume this piece of shit considers himself Christian, like many other deplorables. What a classy guy.

Wompiest of womp womps.

I like it. Signs of hope against those who push idiocy and hatred.

I’m sure Sinclair would be happy to pick it up.

I’ve been drinking a bit. I just want to make sure it’s not April because this doesn’t seem that small of a deal.