Fox News thread of fine journalism

You just reminded me that we don’t have Del Taco up this far 😢

I think the nearest one is in Grants Pass or something. In-n-Out is similarly far away. I’m going to go make queso now, my Kraft Singles are ready to boil.

😔🔫

In fairness, if i thought queso looked like that, I’d probably be afraid of Mexicans too.

I actually think Grants Pass is supposed to get an In-N-Out. Maybe that will keep ours from being slammed all day long in one of the worst locations I’ve ever seen too.

Back to this… fox news commentary lady… she thinks queso is made with Velveeta? That can’t be Velveeta either. Velveeta doesn’t melt gross like that.

What she did, if i were to guess, is mix chili with Velveeta, but with not enough cheese, so the color is way more on the chili side.

Yeah, I remember having a similar visual tragedy on my hands when I vastly overestimated the cheesing potential of one of the small blocks of Velveeta (cuz the normal sized box was SEVEN GODDAMNED DOLLARS WTF) and cubed it into about a quart and a half of leftover homemade chili. I mean, it was still delicious as fuck, but it was more or less a Tupperware full of the results of stirring your sprinkled cheese topping on a bowl of chili into the stew itself, then letting it sit for 30 minutes.

Yeah, I gotta figure it tastes good… but it ain’t queso.

It’s interesting where the break point is in that poll. Taxing incomes over $10m and over $1m are very high and very close to each other. Drop that to $250k, and you have a losing proposition.

My interpretation: many people can imagine themselves making $250k, but jack that up to $1m+, and the “temporarily embarrassed millionaire” effect tapers off severely.

Makes sense. I don’t consider a family making $250,000 to be wealthy, especially depending on what part of the country they live in. I think they’re doing well for themselves but they’re in a completely different class than the “We’ll pay you $27 million to not work for this company anymore” C-level types.

Who knew “fairness” was a bad thing?

I mean, you’re not crazy rich, but if you are making that every year? You don’t generally need to ever worry about money. Not REALLY worry about it. And to me, that’s wealthy.

But along the lines of what you’re saying, it’s a perfectly “acceptable” level of wealthy.

But yeah, folks making over $10M a year? There’s just nothing you can really be doing with that kind of money, beyond making more money through no real action on your own part. Like, there’s nothing you can really be doing to improve your life in any meaningful sense. If you had less money, you wouldn’t even know. Your life would be identical.

If taxing you has no discernible impact on your life, then that taxation is probably fine, in my opinion.

Tax the dude with $250k/yr, and he’ll still be fine, but he’ll notice. He might have to make some trivial sacrifice.

Tax the dude with $10M/yr, and he still has to make ZERO sacrifices.

CNN begs to differ.

https://www.cnn.com/travel/article/superyachts-of-the-future/index.html

Wealthy people find ways for that extra 10 million to matter.

Unsourced, but interesting:

I don’t think it’s until you get into the billion range that you stop finding ways to spend your money. A private jet can be hundreds of millions all in, plus a lot to maintain and actually fly it. Huge yachts are $100 million+. A really nice home in Italy could be $40 million and you might also want homes in NYC, LA, and London if you have that jet.

This may have been a better way of phrasing it, yeah.

The issue is when your wealth reaches a point where most voters consider you an out-group. A lot of people think they might get into the six-figure range. But relatively few think they’re gonna be making seven or eight.

With these huge tax cuts on the middle class, I imagine there’ll be millions of new millionaires soon. Just have to stay optimistic!

Remember that fantasy ‘10% tax cut on the middle class’ that DJT was frothing about before the midterms? I’m sure he’s been working quietly and diligently on that piece of legislation.

Maybe. But he’s also been fending off those Caravans. Busy guy!