Fox News thread of fine journalism

Man, I need to hang out in the places you guys hang out in.

Trust me, its not as great as it sounds.

Also, keeping sufficient sanitizer on hand is damned expensive.

It’s no fun to talk about but, thanks to the bizarre inability to deal with homeless people in the US thanks to a nonexistent support system for homeless people and a “right to be homeless” policy that makes forcibly removing or detaining homeless people even for their own benefit basically impossible, libraries do become quasi homeless shelters at times. I remember going into the Austin Public Library and the poor staff seemed elated that a real patron actually showed up. I was shocked (!) at the number of homeless people.

Of course this isn’t a universal thing in every city at all times, but it was bad enough you wouldn’t, say, want your kids to go there unattended. Like, it was a very hot and humid day in Austin, and the public library is kept well cooled. I think you might agree that keeping homeless people cool really isn’t the goal of a public library.

Not that f’ing Fabio should be listened to about anything.

In red Toyota Prius’s.

Keep in mind these are not good places for it, just exciting for young people mostly, anyone trying to do something out of the ordinary. Staircases are also a good place, I am told, in a hospital setting but there is a risk of being locked out. heh.

I seem to recall Playboy rating the 4th floor of UCLA’s University Research Library as a great place to hookup back in the 80’s…

They said the same thing about the upper levels of Boston U’s library one year.

To be fair, they were right. Our library was fucking deserted at most times. BU kids don’t like to study, I guess :)

Be sure that nobody tells them about Norway!

They already know about Norway, because it’s one of the formerly “pure” nations that is being destroyed by “non-natives,” if you get what I mean. Trumpists just call that general area “rapeland” because they are certain it’s filled entirely with roving gangs of swarthy rapists.

I always find it interesting how White Culture is the strongest, best, most amazing culture ever according to these people and how it also completely and utterly destroyed by a dude selling tacos from a van or someone reading the Koran.

I think the white culture they are worried about losing is mostly about making sure women and coloreds know their place. It’s the cultural equivalent of being a wife-beater and wanting it to never end. And of course, they’ll kill her before they’ll let her leave.

I listened to a little of Hannity with Rush Limbaugh on as his guest on my way home and I think my brain is permanently damaged.

Transcript of Ingraham’s podcast with Pat Buchanan, from

LAURA INGRAHAM (HOST): We give 1.3 million green cards, which I think is way too many, every year in the United States. Most Americans polled say – think it’s either – keep it the same, or lower the number.

PAT BUCHANAN: Well, the point is, in these – 90 percent of these are folks coming from what you might call the second or the third world. And people are, you know, people are fundamentally, basically good, but there’s no doubt there’s a greater difficulty in assimilating people from different civilizations and cultures and ethnicities and races in the United State, than there – than other folks.

And we know this is true, African-Americans have been here since 1619. They’ve helped build and create the nation. They’re part of its culture and history, and yet we haven’t fully assimilated African-American citizens.

At the same time, we’re bringing in millions and millions of people. We’re conducting an experiment, which, you know, it – to me, I’m a pessimist. I just – it’s not working, it seems to me.

But Ms. Harris, what is she saying, I mean – she’s – virtually, in the first part of it, the comment she made, she’s calling for open borders. That’s the end of countries. I mean, the world, the United States becomes a giant Mall of America.

INGRAHAM: [LAUGHS] Well, here’s what we know for sure. We know that at this clip, America as we know her today will be completely transformed, which is, I think, their goal.

BUCHANAN: The Republican Party will be finished.

INGRAHAM: Yeah, the Republican Party will be done. So, most of Central America will have moved to the United States, and Mexico, people will just come and go, but – although, it’s easier to deport people to Mexico.

But once you have that critical mass in the country, and with this birthright citizenship thing, which also Trump said he was going to deal with, then you – then you’re off to the races. And I don’t think that that – and when I say “races,” I mean, like, running races or horse races.

I don’t see how that is going to end up with more freedom, more peace, and more prosperity, and more – I don’t. That’s what I’m concerned about. Forget the English language.

Pat Buchannan, the guy who was too racist and insane to be considered by the GOP in 2000, two decades later.

Yeah - but Ingraham is on Fox constantly, and she’s the one saying “you’re off to the races. And I don’t think that that – and when I say “races,” I mean, like, running races or horse races”

Today’s morning consisted of talking to some guy that was caught up in the Russian “hoax”, and how awful it is for him and people like him to have had to pay all these legal fees to defend themselves. From the hoax. Because you know, nothing at all happened with Russia, etc, per Barr and his unbiased summary.

Herr Buchannan and Herr Ingraham together, like peas and carrots.

I will listen to a few minutes of Shephard Smith (?) at the gym, or Cavuto in the morning but Hannity and Tucker Carlson are so far beyond that that they are just unwatchable. Both are like Trump in that I can’t even listen to them speak anymore. They could be talking about food I enjoy and I still couldn’t listen to them.

Limbaugh used to be on my local talk radio station until his last contract was too much for them. But he was always impossible to listen to.

It is interesting, and perhaps a slip of the tongue, that Buchanan says “we haven’t assimilated them”.