Fox News thread of fine journalism

Far more than 2.2% hate taking off their shoes. It’s just they hate the other methods more.

New TSA rule: all passengers must wear Crocs.

To us. To Fox’s target audience, it’s meaningless drivel. They don’t care that the facts are wrong. They just. Don’t. Care.

The Sitting Bull thing doesn’t mystify me as much as thinking The Beatles are from Manchester.

So Custer is a good guy now?

Our treatment of the Native Americans was righteous and just?

Yeah they killed Custer. Lets not mention he was trying to fucking exterminate them.

And I guess Sitting Bull defeated Custer, much in the way that FDR defeated Rommel.

Yep, fair and balanced.

“He’s had 3,000 press secretaries since he got into office,” Ailes also said. (For the record, Robert Gibbs has been Obama’s only press secretary so far.)

Hahahahaha

My god, they believe their own propaganda.

Aren’t there laws against this kind of blatant lying and slandering? By a supposed news organization?

The legal term is libel. And yes, there are libel laws.

“He’s had 3,000 press secretaries since he got into office,” Ailes also said. (For the record, Robert Gibbs has been Obama’s only press secretary so far.)

You guys understand he doesn’t think Obama has actually hired 3,000 press secretaries, correct?

I mean, I’m not a fan of Roger Ailes at all but you’re doing yourself a disservice by purposefully missing the point of what he’s saying to try and paint him as hopelessly incorrect on the facts.

The real point is that by saying “had 3000 press secretaries” yes he is using hyperbole, but he is in fact implying that President Obama has had more than one, which is 100% factually incorrect.

No, that isn’t the point. He is saying the press itself has largely in Obama’s pocket, that they (all 3000 reporters) have essentially been acting as his press secretaries instead of reporting factually on him, as Fox has. He is also saying Obama is losing that support, and ties that to his assertion that Fox actually IS fair and balanced, it just took the rest of the media a while to catch up. He’s not asserting any facts at all, which is fine because he’s not reporting anything, just giving his opinions (however wrong they may be).

Chairman of Fox News says something ambiguously and with hyperbole, making it hard to figure out what exactly his point is?

I’m fucking SHOCKED.

Apparently, Howard Kurtz, the original author of the piece, didn’t have much trouble sussing out the intent:

It fits the view of those who are trying to paint the president as being outside the mainstream. But from the big second-floor office at Fox’s Midtown Manhattan headquarters, it’s the rest of the media that are using a distorted lens.
“He’s had 3,000 press secretaries since he got into office,” Ailes says of Obama, but these days, “he’s making it harder for the press to make him look good… When the press falls in love, they fall in love hard. They’re like teenagers in love. It’s like the old Frankie Lymon song, ‘Why Do Fools Fall in Love?’”

I think the CNN blogger’s editorializing is the problem in this case, personally.

Yeah but if anyone actually sued Fox News for all their lies, they’d be sunk years ago.

I’m not sure, since one can’t denote sarcasm from plain text, but based on the context he might believe it.

That’s your problem.

I dunno, you can pretend there’s no irony in CNN purposefully misstating Ailes’ assertions (ignoring their own correspondent, who actually conducted the interview with Ailes) while assailing him for stating ridiculously false “facts,” but that doesn’t mean the irony doesn’t exist.

The thing is, you don’t have to bend over backwards like this to find examples of Fox actually getting facts wrong (I’ve contributed such to this very thread), so why lower yourself to their level?

America’s Third War: Texas Strikes Back

To combat the cartels, the Texas Department of Public Safety is launching a counterinsurgency.

Tactical strike teams send field intelligence they gather to Austin to a joint operation intelligence center, or JOIC in military terminology.

I hope “America’s third war” doesn’t become a Fox News / GoP talking point…