Fox News thread of fine journalism

A news organization without journalist standards also has no sexual harassment standards? Say it ain’t so?

And I mean… let’s be honest here. It had to be pretty fucking bad if Gretchen Fucking Carlson couldn’t handle it.

It would be a shame if everyone missed Fox and Fiends ruining July 4th and the Statue of Liberty, and insulting transgender people at the same time.

And then Steve tried to fuck her.

Is this going to grow Cosby-esque?

What a surprise that an organization as scummy as Fox News has a scummy chief. Finally some more woman are going ON-RECORD.

Twelve more women have come forward to accuse Ailes of sexual harassment. Some are talking to reporters on the record.

I suspect the final number will be greater than twelve. I also doubt Ailes survives this, as even Fox must recognize that it’s not 1950-something any more.

This isn’t sounding very fair and balanced.

You know what the problem is? The system is rigged against old, rich, white guys. You know, like Trump.

runs and hides

:)

In all seriousness, is anyone surprised?

He seemed like such a nice guy…

I think we talked about this guy before. He was on fox a bunch of times, claiming to be a CIA operative… generally hated huslims and stuff.

Yeah, so he made all that shit up, and is now going to jail.

This is the craziest part of the story to me:

[quote]
But in 2001, a chance meeting with a public-relations professional helped Simmons parlay his supposed CIA career into an unpaid commentator’s spot on Fox News, according to court filings.

From there, Simmons became part of a group of military veterans cultivated by the Defense Department under Donald H. Rumsfeld. He traveled to Guantanamo Bay with the group. Former Pentagon officials, including Rumsfeld, told prosecutors that there was no vetting done to be in the program, because it required no security clearance.[/quote]

Sources are saying Megyn Kelly told Murdoch’s internal investigators that Ailes harassed her years ago.

[quote]
Kelly’s comments to investigators might explain why the Murdochs are moving so quickly to oust Ailes. As New York reported yesterday, Rupert and sons James and Lachlan, the three top executives at 21st Century Fox, have, according to multiple sources, decided that Ailes needs to be removed. Kelly, who has become something of a feminist icon thanks to her tangles with GOP nominee Donald Trump, is seen by many inside Fox as the future of the network. She’s currently in contract negotiations, and given that Bill O’Reilly has said he’s considering retirement, Fox can’t afford to lose her.

According to two sources, Monday afternoon lawyers for 21st Century Fox gave Ailes a deadline of August 1 to resign or face being fired for cause. Ailes’s legal team — which now includes Susan Estrich, former campaign manager for Michael Dukakis — has yet to respond to the offer. Ailes has also received advice on strategy from Donald Trump and Rudy Giuliani, sources say.[/quote]

Well, that’s that. Roger Ailes is gone.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/cheats/2016/07/19/report-roger-ailes-getting-golden-parachute.html

Pretty sweet gig: oversee years and years of lies and slander, then get paid $40m to grope and harass a bunch of young women!

We’ll see whether this sticks or whether it’s like the “You’re definitely, positively fired - until people stop paying attention” crap Murdoch played with Rebekah Brooks in the UK.

I’m pretty disgusted that someone could effectively get paid $40 million dollars for sexually harassing women.

It’s not like that’s markedly more disgusting than any other aspect of modern executive compensation.

Bad corporate executives are like whores.

You don’t pay them for doing their job. You pay them to leave afterwards.

Hopefully, a fair bit of that will end up in Gretchen Carlson’s bank account. And perhaps others.