Fox News thread of fine journalism

Nope, Fox apparently is agreeing to pay any legal costs that he incurs (according to wherever I read the rumor about the golden parachute).

Ailes is pretty old, unlike Brooks and there’d been talk that he was out of favour with the Murdochs before the harrassment allegations came out, so I doubt it.

This is also different in that Brooks was messing with people outside of the organization. But this is internal, and it’s clear it has got the Murdochs spooked, especially if Megan Kelly was harassed. She’s the most popular woman on the network.

My disgust is like a seven-layered dip, man.

I’m borrowing that. :)

Great, now I want refried beans and sour cream and green onions and shredded cheese and jalepenos and tortilla chips and…

I have seen stories that indicate Fox may face a major change in their hosts when the dust settles from this. Rumors of O’Reilly retiring and Hannity leaving with Ailes. Currently Kelley is seen as a rising star and it appears the Murdocks don’t want to take a chance on losing her.

:) I wish it wasn’t a go to the gym day and instead a go out and find lunch day because now I am hungry.

So, the inevitable Trump Network’s primary host and COO?

I’ve seen that too, and given how vociferously Hannity has defended Ailes, I wouldn’t be surprised to see him go. Kelley is the new face of FOX News.

Hannity will leave if Trump loses, because he’s totally put all his eggs in that shitty basket.

Yes, I’m sure Hannity will stick to his word about doing something when something he doesn’t think will happen, happens.

If nothing else that would make me vote for Hillary. :)

I don’t watch more than 5-10 minutes of Fox a week but it does seem like Kelley is now the star on the network. And Hannity is just such a shill that even O’Reilly seems like a moderate next to him.

It’s official. Ailes has resigned and ol’ Rupert himself is going to run the show.

Prediction: by the end of the year, Ailes, Hannity, and O’Reilly start up TrumpTV to rival FOX News.

I heard that part of that 40 million dollar package for Ailes was a non-compete agreement so he can’t do just that.

Ha. But non-compete clauses virtually never survive litigation. They are only useful against people who can’t afford lawyers.

Compensated non-competes generally hold up. If the former company is still paying you to not work that is normally enforceable.

The random uncompensated non-competes that companies use to scare people don’t.

I think this is the reason Trump plans to contest California and New York. He’s not really after their electoral votes, whichh are unavailable to him. He’s building share in their massive media markets.

As for Ailes’ non-compete, it depends on the duration. And nothing can stop Ailes from giving Trump sub rosa advice in the interim.

Ah, good point. Yeah, if they are really paying him off not to work elsewhere, that would be a legitimate contract clause.