Fox News thread of fine journalism

Wow the Conservative Media is going pretty hard with the whole “reverse racism” angle. Really plays into the whole ‘both sides are acting poorly and so deserve equal time’ narrative that took over the elections.

“Oh, so it’s wrong when ‘white christian’ people treat ‘others’ badly but it’s ok for others to complain about it?” Uh, yeah.

I find it hilarious that reverse-racism means attacking white Christians and not racists to Fox News and the conservative establishment. But then they don’t acknowledge that white people have any advantages in society. That’s a contradiction right there. If white wasn’t the default race, then it wouldn’t even work. By default I mean the average person in an advertisement, the average person that someone imagines when you say, “John bought a house.” The not-“other” when people talk about “others” in that way. I wish I was better with words.

You missed “middle class” from that sentence.

Honestly, I think that one of the best ways to get to these people is to simply say something like, “Eventually the Lord will judge you for your actions.”

Sometimes it really pisses them off bad, because they can’t argue against it, and part of them knows that they have explicitly gone against what they know Christ teaches. So it kind of forces part of their brain to face their hypocrisy directly, and in the case where they actually believe in God and divine punishment, it has potentially bad repercussions for them.

Not that you ever listen, but I assure you a poor white man has advantages I don’t, by default. A poor white woman, also had many advantages. Class does not erase racism.

Let’s all just agree to roll our eyes and move on from pwk’s obvious nonsense. Good lord.

In reverse racism news, this cracked me up this morning:

Life as a white guy in America is so hard you guys, can confirm.

I’m not clear what he got upset about, although I guess it’s possible that the woman could have said it in some kind of derogatory way.

I mean, I could imagine someone saying, “That black guy over there” and not really understanding someone getting upset.

If someone said, “That black boy over there”, or I guess more usually “That boy over there” when referring to a black guy, I would potentially understand the racial overtones.

As a white guy, if someone said, “That white boy” about me, I don’t think I would normally take offense.

Also, Bo Bice is a dumb name.

When did “white” become a racial slur? Or is it the “boy” part? Would “that white guy over there” have been OK?

I will say that “that white boy over there” isn’t polite, but it isn’t because of the reference to skin color, and it isn’t because it’s “racist”. If they would have said “that tall dude over there”, I would consider it equally impolite.

Looks like someone’s making their play for an inauguration slot!

Eh, looking at the stuff about what actually went down:
https://scontent.fagc1-2.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/15781804_10155341862206416_5937694836925148638_n.jpg?oh=5f9ab4a00178e8c0f233ed5ffcb2519d&oe=58D890C4

It sounds like the employee actually was being a total dickhead to him.

Which, frankly, isn’t really that surprising… I’ve found that employees at restaurants in airports aren’t generally the cream of the crop.

Poor Bo, he thinks every time he receives poor service or thinks he’s faced racism an employee or a company will apologize. That’s cute.

Ignoring people like that, your racist uncle and your silly great aunt is how we got into the political mess we have. I’m not doing it anymore. I will challenge that viewpoint when I see it.

So wait, let me get this straight. This guy that lost on American Idol caught a bunch of immature shit at a Popeye’s chicken place and that’s okay?

I get that calling out the incident for as being a racial thing is dumb - I think it’s more of a being-shitty-to-a-z-list-celebrity thing - but why is it okay for Jezebel to compound the issue and make fun of him? Why not just let it drop and let him sink back into obscurity?

[quote]
“If the tables had been turned and I had used something…and been as insensitive as to say something like that, you’re talking about I would be boycotted, there would be people not buying my albums, there would be people coming and picketing at my shows, and everything else,” says the rare white man born in Alabama in the ‘70s who apparently has never referred to a “black boy” or “black girl” before.

At the end of the segment Bice cried for having to go on TV, “come down a notch, and look like a petty little brat by tweeting and Facebooking this just to open up dialogue so we can have an adult conversation.” Hmm, that’s one way to put it. Another is to stunt for the sake of principle and/or attention by cynically exploiting the liberal imperative of deferring to the most emotional person in the room.[/quote]

I’ve bolded that last bit for extra irony. Because, again, we’re talking about some nobody that lost on season 4 of American Idol.

Five minutes is a really long time to have this kind of an encounter. 30 seconds feels like an hour. His complaint could very well be valid, but he emphasizes PAYING and then spends half it complaining about being white? He seems to think that every racist encounter actually gets a response as well which tells you just how little this guy knows about racism.

Sure. I get that, but again, why does anyone care what this nobody says about anything? I’m putting that local news channel on blast too, by the way. Did anyone expect what’s-his-name of the American Idol runners-up club to have a bunch of learned wisdom on race relations?

Yeah, people shouldn’t be shitty to each other. This Bo Bice thing came up after our earlier talk. This isn’t racism, just shitty behavior. Popeyes should have replied with “we’re sorry our employees treated you poorly” and looked at their complaint records.

This all gets wrapped up together. Jezebel et al want to condemn his talk about how it’s racism against him but that doesn’t excuse the behavior he experienced. Unfortunately, the bloggers that cover this stuff usually have no sympathy for the things they should, and end up just attacking more and more.

It’s why I keep telling my wife these days that this is why liberals can’t have nice things. She’s always been a fighter for rights, but lately she’s getting a lot of flack on her SJW boards/groups simply for being white and being there at all. None of her “credentials” matter anymore, nor the fact that she’s actually a light skinned half Puerto Rican who grew up in a very multicultural family. It’s sad.

To be fair, I think it’s just trying and tiring to keep up sympathy for people like this when a lot of people are shitty to you all the time.

Fair enough.

I mean, Jezebel gonna Jezebel. But I’m generally pretty okay with any and all mockery of this knucklehead’s actions, because good lord.

I don’t know. Why do we care about the Kardashians again?

Yeah, this is kind of how I feel about it. Sure, fight injustice where you see it, but really what harm was Bo Bice’s stupidity doing? The fact that Jezebel blogs it up and it becomes a Facebook meme of the day isn’t helping anyone or any cause. It just makes it cool to attack some idiot all out of proportion to his ignorance. Lest we forget, if what he said happened the way he said it happened, then the most charitable assessment is a bunch of shitty employees making fun of someone being a reality show loser.

Edit: And as for the Kardashians, well, I don’t care, but I think they’re valid tabloid news because they’re - like it or not - an industry unto themselves that generates more money than some countries.

I aggressively do not care about what the Kardashians are up to, and think less of people who do. Good lord do I hate celebrity gossip ‘news’.

This exactly. Bo’s problem is calling it “racism” and using “RACIST EMPLOYEES” (caps his) in his post. Call it what it is; rude employees being rude. You had a bad customer service experience that rightfully pissed you off. To call it racism is to cheapen what racism actually is.