Fox News thread of fine journalism

According to the police report, the owner was angry when the officer arrived but did not deny Ford’s claims.
“During the course of my conversation with Crichton, he used the word ‘n—–’ freely to describe black people,” the officer wrote.

I don’t think it’s a question on what words he used.

FOX

However, after posting a status on Facebook with the number and address of the location, Ford began spearheading a protest against the establishment. She called Dairy Queen’s corporate headquarters, too. The incident prompted protesters to gather outside the Dairy Queen on Saturday. Ford said she has an attorney and is now considering legal action.

Other articles… doesn’t sound like he bothered to actually apologize to the family, just to the community which he doesn’t really count black people as valid members of.

Fox has most of the action attributed to the mother and her kids, as in she’s the the active person and the owner just had things happen to him.

Even the first line of the Fox article victimizes the owner:

A Dairy Queen franchise owner in Zion, Ill. has lost at least one store location after police say he used racial slurs in an angry confrontation with a customer.

Well, I don’t see it. Sorry. I make fun of Fox News as much as most of you, but in this case, I’m not seeing the subtle skew. All the accounts seem to make it pretty clear that the former franchise owner is a racist nutjob.

If anything the CBS report was the least damning, as it didn’t even include the owners words. Granted Fox’s history of dog whistles means I always give them an extra skeptical eye, but this was not the hill to die on.

It’s not about dog whistling, it’s about focusing on what happened to the business owner instead of what happened to the woman and her children. I certainly didn’t expect to change minds at this point. If you can’t see it, you can’t see it.

Us white liberals are fine allies, as long as you don’t mind being condescended to or lectured on which hill it is appropriate to die.

Huckabee on Fox Business: “I think we have had an executive branch that has emasculated itself by surrendering constantly to the idea that once the court says something, that’s it.”

Yeah right, Mike. Please direct us to all those times over the last 8 years where you complained the Obama executive branch was so timid and meek and spent too much time deferring to the tyranny of the Rule of Law.

Nothing surprising here, but saw this tweet and thought of this thread:

They need their talking points from the White House before they can say anything.

Jesus God twitter. How do people read that stuff?

A partial list of better ways: blog, forum, newspaper, newspaper website, tv, radio, youtube, facebook, scribbled on a bathroom wall and then photographed and uploaded to imgur, papyrus that is on display in a museum, using a stick on soft dirt, telling it to everyone you meet during your day.

Don’t forget interpretive dance. Still better than tweet stream.

140 characters at a time!

Ah well there’s the problem. I live my life a quarter mile at a time.

Ba-dum-tish.

Is Fox always this absurd? A convicted criminal instead of an actual Swedish security adviser? Did they just pick a guy up off the street?

They should have. It would have been much more endearing:

-Tom

Haha! I forgot about that!

In somewhat related news…

[quote]The premium channel has landed the rights to “Secure And Hold: The Last Days Of Roger Ailes,” a look at the Fox News founder’s rise and fall. The limited series will draw on reporting from New York magazine writer Gabriel Sherman, who had several major scoops related to the sexual harassment scandal that led to Ailes’ ouster last summer. Ailes was accused by hosts such as Megan Kelly and Gretchen Carlson of overseeing a culture of harassment and of trying to use his position to exact sexual favors from employees.

The deal comes as Fox News is facing another crisis. Last weekend, the New York Times published an in-depth look at Bill O’Reilly’s tangled history of harassment claims. The article found that O’Reilly and Fox News had reached some $13 million in settlements after five women accused the cable news host of inappropriate behavior. Mercedes-Benz and Hyundai have pulled their ads after the report hit.[/quote]

Assuming other folks already know, but currently a bunch of new crap is coming out about O’Reilly, and how he’s already settled like 5 cases out of court for millions of dollars, due to women accusing him of abuse and harassment.