Fox News thread of fine journalism

That really is shocking, I would have never guessed it. He seems like such a nice guy!

I know, it’s crazy.

Turns out that old bitchy white guys who act like misogynist assholes on TV are in fact misogynist assholes.

I’m trying to think of casting, but as John Houseman hasn’t been acting for a while I don’t know who else could portray Ailes. I think Tex Avery’s cartoon wolf could play O’Reilly, though.

Advertisers are pulling out of the 0’Reilly show (double entendre unintended.)

I think they should go with animatronic puppetry. Maybe they could dig up Jabba the Hutt.

Maybe even Pizza the Hut. That guy hasn’t gotten much work lately.

Obviously, O’Reilly should be played by an actor during the show, live. Fuck it.

Hat tip @Balasarius

Ha ha – what was that about?

I think the teleprompter guy couldn’t get the thing working right and O’Reilly finally got tired of waiting. That goes back many many years.

Someone had the camera rolling when O’Reilly got the bad news he was going to have to fill in versus use the teleprompter, if I recall correctly.

Once leaked it became an instant internet classic.

“FUCK IT, WE’LL DO IT LIVE!”

Yeah, that’s Inside Edition, so it’s before he was even on Fox. I’m a little depressed that I know that.

That was great. We need him to read the Onion razor blade piece. “Fuck it! We’ll go to five blades!”

You could just claim you saw the background on the video. You know, the bit where it says Inside Edition back there ;)

What’s funny, in a geeky IT way I guess, is whenever we have to make a change on a live production server, nearly EVERY time, someone on the cutover call will quote that line.

Uh yes, that’s exactly what I said. Why are all you people just standing around, get back to work!

Lol, so do we. That’s how I know that clip.

That’s not quite true. The teleprompter had the phrase “to play us out, here’s band name” and Bill couldn’t parse it at all, and flipped out badly.

Huh, so at this point eighteen companies have pulled advertising from The O’Reilly Factor, according to CNN Money: