Fox News thread of fine journalism

I think some years back during the Bush II days Michael Moore challenged Hannity to be water larded and if he agreed to it MM would donate to a charity of Hannity’s.

No, some years back, Hannity said that he would voluntarily be water boarded, because it wasn’t so bad.

He said he’d do it for charity, and then never did it. He gets mad when people ask him about it.

Hitchens had the stones to actually do it.

And O’Reilly has been let go from Fox.

What a tragedy. I’m sure some other network/ media entity will trip over itself to give him money, though.

We’ll do it live, motherfuckers!

GOOD.jpg

Holy crap. If my grandfather were alive, this would have killed him.

No official announcement yet. Don’t jinx it!

Bill is still a best selling author and he could go back to radio so I wouldn’t expect him to fade into obscurity like an 80’s one hit wonder band. Still if he does end up losing his prime bully pulpit on Fox that’s going to be a crushing blow for him on a personal level. No farewell episode for his ageing demographics, just a straight up firing you’re outta here. (I hope)

A great clip of pre-Senator Franken going to town on the petty and vindictive O’Reilly.

O’Reilly is a complete tool who will say or do anything to stay relevant. It would not surprise me in the least if he ended up with a show at MSNBC or CNN and went “full libtard” just to spite FOX.

Who’s going to touch him with all those sexual harassment settlements? It just opens up the corporation to huge liability.

He’s done associating with any reputable business.

Ya, I’m pretty sure he’s done.

When Ailes was running stuff, all this crap was covered up… now he’s gone, and it’s all coming to the surface, and it’s a mess.

Just got a news notice on my phone that it’s official so - yay?

It’s official alright: “After a thorough and careful review of the allegations, the Company and Bill O’Reilly have agreed that Bill O’Reilly will not be returning to the Fox News Channel,” Fox’s parent company said in a brief statement.”
As reported in USA Today.

Yeah, yay. Does anybody like the guy? The stories I read said that even the people at Fox News didn’t like him.

All accounts paint him as being a massive douchebag who treated everyone like shit.

Other douchebags probably liked him.

All of his viewers will go to other younger douchebags, like Waters, Carlson, and Hannity.

That’s clearly a pretty solid career path these days.

He even has a presidential endorsement!

I think that for that generation of people, being a total asshole actually WAS a solid career path.