Fox News thread of fine journalism

I hate soccer players. Can’t we send them all to fight ISIS or something?

There are so many funny soccer gifs out there. I would say it is a terribly misunderstood sport but no…it isn’t.

Eww I thought that was a Washington Post link. Anyone got a handy wipe?

I know, sorry. I link off Google news to stories sometimes and fall into cesspools of … bad reporting.

Bill O’Reilly’s water boy and colossal douche canoe Jessie Watters is taking an abrupt time off after he made a suggestive remark about how Ivanka handled a microphone.

Too bad it’s not a straight up firing.

It’s amazing that he got slammed so fast though… He’s probably done.

That horribly offensive Chinatown bit wasn’t enough for a forced vacation but make a jibe about America’s Princess and you’re suddenly out. Makes sense.

the first rule of fox sex is that you don’t talk about sex (unless ripping a D).

It’s pretty amazing how the right treats Ivanka with kid gloves, compared to how they treated Chelsea, Sasha, and Malia.

And Megan and…

Never forget.

I like how they seemingly have no grasp that China is different from other Asian countries like Japan.

Looks like Shine will be out too:

According to three sources briefed on the conversations, Shine has told friends he recently asked Rupert’s sons James and Lachlan — the CEO and co-chairman, respectively, of network parent company 21st Century Fox — to release a statement in support of him, but they refused to do so.

The investigators have been asking “how the shareholder money was spent; who knew; and who should have known,” one of the sources said.

But, CNNMoney has learned, the settlement payments are not the only thing they are examining.

Investigators have been probing possible misconduct by Fox News personnel and asking questions about the overall environment at the network.

Investigators have also been asking questions about mysterious confidants of Ailes – people who were known inside Fox as “friends of Roger.”

Andrea Tantaros claims that she was stalked and harassed by multiple Twitter accounts that were coordinated by Fox News executives after she filed a sexual harassment suit. Her new lawsuit also claims that Fox had her computer hacked for spying purposes.

Comparing their actions to the plot this season on the Showtime series Homeland, an attorney for former Fox News host Andrea Tantaros has filed a complaint in federal court against Fox News, current and former Fox executives, Peter Snyder and his financial firm Disruptor Inc., and 50 “John Doe” defendants. The suit alleges that collective participated in a hacking and surveillance campaign against her.

Tantaros filed a sexual harassment suit against Roger Ailes and Fox News in August of 2016, after filing internal complaints with the company about harassment dating back to February of 2015. She was fired by the network in April of 2016, as Tantaros continued to press complaints against Fox News’ then-Chairman and CEO Roger Ailes, Bill O’Reilly, and others. Tantaros had informed Fox that she would be filing a lawsuit over the alleged sexual harassment.

Tantaros claims that as early as February of 2015, a group run out of a “black room” at Fox News engaged in surveillance and electronic harassment of her, including the use of “sock puppet” social media accounts to electronically stalk her. According to the lawsuit:

Trying to silence Ms. Tantaros by unsuccessfully seeking to overwhelm her with a multitude of lawyers was unsavory, but legal. But the Defendants went to the next level with Ms. Tantaros: committing crimes…the Defendants in this case subjected Ms. Tantaros to illegal electronic surveillance and computer hacking, and used that information (including, on information and belief, privileged attorney-client communications) to intimidate, terrorize, and crush her career through an endless stream of lewd, offensive, and career-damaging social media posts, blog entries and commentary, and high-profile “fake” media sites which Fox News (or its social influence contractors) owned or controlled. These accounts and sites were made to appear as held by independent persons or neutral media entities (“sockpuppet accounts”). While the use of professional social influencers and fake stories, accounts and posts has been part of Fox News’s [sic] stock and and trade for years. the use of illegal electronic surveillance and computer hacking has taken the company’s conduct to a profoundly disturbing next level.

It’s ironic that all of this is coming out during the Trump presidency. This was supposed to be Fox News’ Avalon.

Yeah their guy wins and now they clean house…after 8 years of even worse bullshit messaging just for this moment.

From one of the comments posted on that Ars link, it sounds like the brothers are cleaning house of the crap that pop Murdoch allowed. I don’t have high hopes for, “fair and balanced,” but I am hoping that Fox does get cleaned up behind the scenes, and taken to the cleaners by people like Ms. Tantaros, if allegations like that get proven in court. Only by purging the place with fire will change actually take place.

I know, I’m laughing a little having even typed that, about Fox News. But here’s hoping. If nothing else, for the sake of those that work there.

From a purely business perspective, I think that the younger Murdocks realize that the current incarnation of Fox News, while extremely successful for the past few decades, will not survive in the future.

Babyboomers are dying, and they are BY FAR the primary viewers of Fox.

In the coming decades, Fox will need to appeal to a more diverse crowd, or die as a network.

Yes, I would agree with you, but anyone thinking that this might mean that FOX suddenly stops being a right-wing apologist network is deluding themselves. Instead, the younger kids are thinking “we’re doing well, but we could do better if we got rid of the old guys who did things a lot differently than we do them today.”

It doesn’t mean they’re going to start calling Republicans out on their shit. If anything, it means things like more Milo and young right-wing voices.