Fox News thread of fine journalism

I was going to go the direction of: Hannity having Trump’s manbaby can be consummated by being struck repeatedly in the cranial area with a large heavy object. Now go!

And on Loyalty Day, no less.

So you think if Bernie, or any Democrat other than Hillary ran against Trump they would have been hanging on every word and rally for them instead of Trump?

Nope. I said Hillary as in generic democrat. Although I do think there is more than your average vitriol for her.

But a lot of people on Fox had to change their tunes when it suddenly started looking like Trump was going to win the GOP nomination. He was far from the consensus choice during the primaries.

And it looks like Hannity may be out soon, by his own volition, if not by the Murdochs’ orders.

Trump being President is actually a huge pain in the ass for Fox. First, he’s terrible at everything and not very popular - but because he’s what Fox’s audience says they wanted, Fox needs to stay chained to the rotting albatross for at least a while.

Second, Trump is closely allied with Breitbart, which has gone from nothing to being a potential existential threat to Fox News in just a few years. Murdoch is painfully aware that Mercer’s money and metrics, plus Bannon and Trump, could create a media juggernaut that steals away the Fox audience overnight. It’s not in Fox’s long-term interest for Trump, Mercer, or Bannon to get too big for their britches.

TLDR: Trump and Fox aren’t FDR and Churchill, they’re Hitler and Stalin - chummy for a while but destined to turn on each other eventually.

Also Murdoch’s kids want to de-emphasize the news part of the business in general. They’re not as conservative as their dad.

You mean something like Breitbart cable news? But wouldn’t that be too toxic for advertisers to even think about running ads on such a channel? I looked up Breitbart advertisers and the first page the Google machine spat out was a bunch of stories from this year of advertisers pulling out of Breitbart. Even if someone like Mercer financed the whole thing out of pocket I cant imagine Comcast would want wamt an entity as bald faced with its racism and anti symmetry
like Breitbart on its channel lineup.

It probably wouldn’t be labeled “Breitbart TV.”

It was going to be “Trump TV” … until Trump screwed up the plan by winning the election.

Yeah, they’ll just rebrand it while grabbing ex-Fox guys and trying to quietly poach/transfer Breitbart people.

https://twitter.com/BraddJaffy/status/859117867077390336

Who becomes… PRESIDENT BUSINESS?

Not Fox, but this is the closest match.

I am legitimately surprise. I guess they’re angling to be the new Matalin and Carville.

Mediaite: Frequent Fox Business ‘Expert’ Arrested for Felony Fraud and Embezzlement

Ryan Tate, an Oklahoma business owner who appeared multiple times on Fox News and Fox Business Network, was arrested on Thursday, along with his father, Richard Tate. The two men are suspected of felony embezzlement, attempted felony extortion by threat, and felony racketeering.

The Oklahoman detailed the criminal accusations against the Tates on Thursday. Their publishing business closed in January 2017. Two major publishing services providers — Xerox and Lightning Source — won million-dollar-plus lawsuits against Tate Publishing and Enterprises after the company “failed to respond to related discovery requests.”

Faux News is to blame for Trump: http://gizmodo.com/fox-news-got-trump-elected-and-fox-news-is-the-reason-h-1795080589

So why didn’t Fox get Romney elected, or McCain?

Yeah. Fox swings some votes, no doubt, but they didn’t swing enough previously.

If the Democrats had run a more likable candidate, I think they win. We saw it in 2008 when Hillary was the frontrunner and Obama steamrolled her. Too many people don’t like her.

I actually like both of them and that show and strangely, I’m happy to read that news. I’m sure the network will angle it in some way.

https://twitter.com/IngrahamAngle/status/862509994834636801

I do politics for a living. People pay me money for it.

I’m surprised that New Orleans would tear down the statue of a famous trumpet player like Jefferson Davis.