Fox News thread of fine journalism

New Orleans just hasn’t been the same since the Jazz left and came to Utah.

Oh shit, this old white guy isn’t an idiot, ABORT ABORT!

But he was IN A DINER.

Wow, Fox didn’t even try to hide their mayday response to discovering that even some of the GOP supporters might question the Comey firing.

I love it, I thought they were in trouble as soon as the gentleman used the word “machiavellian”. Way too big a word for most Fox viewers, I’m sure.

Also aired on Fox…

His eye roll was so choice.

[quote]
“Let me tell you something, Hillary Clinton is in search of sexism as an excuse for why her disastrous candidacy and campaign lost six months ago. I face sexism a lot of times when I show up for interviews like that. Could you imagine having a male anchor on a network roll eyes at Hillary Clinton or a female representative spokeswoman for President Obama or President Bill Clinton? I think not.”[/quote]

I’m sure she’ll totally stick to her principles and refuse to go on CNN again until Cooper apologizes, right?

Also, STFU Conway. Clinton wouldn’t get an eye-roll from most anchors because she wouldn’t say the stupid shit you say.

As a conscientious objector to the Like system, I am not clicking the heart icon. Instead, I’m typing this:

Haha. Love it.

Trump firing Comey to quash the Russian investigation is not the big news y’all.

It’s … dun dun dun dun Hillary Clinton’s emails!

What are Fox’s ratings these days?

I know they’re usually the highest rated cable news show, but isn’t that still just a couple million viewers overall?

The stories leading up to Bill’s departure said he pulled in around 4 million for his show. I also saw that Tucker Carlson’s ratings have surpassed Kelly Ryan’sl but I don’t have numbes handy. I guess 4 million is a lot for cable news but it’s the equivalent of a low rated show on the big 3 networks. American Idol at its peak pulled in 30 million.

Whoah.

Why then does the president muddy the political waters by ranting against Democrats who oppose him, against news organizations that ask tough questions, against foreign leaders who pursue policies different from his? Why does he obsessively remind Americans that it was he, and not Hillary Clinton, who was elected president? Why must he spar with television personalities who dislike him?

Bellwether wonders whether Trump actually plans to stay in office for four years. Could he be considering a shorter stay in the White House, passing the baton to the widely respected Vice President Mike Pence? Might Trump feel that if and when he achieves his major goals – tighter borders, lower taxes, more American-made goods – he can declare victory and return to his successful career in the private sector?

[…]

But his random tweets, his crude public use of insults and threats and his blatant disregard for decorum and the integrity of the office of president raise questions about his willingness to fulfill those duties for the long run.

Trump is slowly accomplishing his mission. If he plans to walk away from Washington once he feels he has fulfilled his promise to the American people, he should say so. Both his supporters and his growing list of opponents would probably respect his candor, and they might work together to give him what he wants, so he will go away.

This, I think, could be significant.

[quote=“barstein, post:1096, topic:58716”]

[/quote]Uh huh.

Because none of these were apparent before the election…

Moody (Fox News) said that, not me. And I agree with you. In my mind, at the risk of totally jinxing everything, the important takeaway with the above story is that the choice of reporting may be indicative of a larger shift within the R’s.

Fox bashing Trump will only become significant if it happens on TV. Where it doesn’t require reading.

Meh. When Hannity veers from sucking off Trump on his nightly show that’s when you know the power brokers have had enough of Trump.

Agh! Just about spit out my coffee.