Fox News thread of fine journalism

And conspiracy fuel is spreading - Sanders supported Canova in his run against former DNC chair DWS.

I think Brit Hume has tarnished his reputation at Fox. And Hannity and O’Reilly have been conservative and GOP mouth pieces for a long time there. They were the face of Fox. Wallace new what he was getting into to.

O’Reilly started off somewhat rational and then got worse and worse as time went on as I remember, but maybe my previous heavy conservatism colored my memories and views of it.

Hannity was never sane, even at my most conservative I could never stomach him.

Yeah, same here.

When I was conservative, I always viewed O’Rielly as a moderate who angered both sides. I bought into that whole spiel, because he used to emphasis it with letters from viewers at the end of the show. He would read someone from the right criticizing him, and someone from the left. So I bought into the concept that he was right down the middle.

But I could never stomach Hannity. Colmes, his liberal counterpart, was never appealing either. After Colmes was gone, I was no longer conservative, but I could at least stomach O’Rielly and others, but Hannity, ugh.

Even if that’s true politically (I doubt it, to be honest, but for the sake of argument), it wasn’t true temperamentally. He’s been a rage-fuelled, resentful, mendacious shitbag since his days at CBS.

The thing you have to remember about daily conservative media is that,because it is fueled by outrage! , it has to (by nature) constantly one-up itself in order to keep ratings up.

It’s why they all become parodies of themselves, and why (for example) David Brooks still has credibility,while the others go over the edge.

Glen Beck seems to have found a hint of sanity since leaving the spotlight, and I thought I saw somewhere that O’Reilly was going to end up with him doing something. While I still wouldn’t watch I would be curious as to whether O’Reilly would suddenly become more moderate.

And yea, of the two O’Reilly was easier to watch. I had forgotten about when Colmes and Hannity did a show. Colmes was never loud enough to counter Hannity in that.

Colmes was purely a weak ass foil for Hannity, to give the faintest appearance of balance. He was basically there for Hannity to shout over and make look bad.

You see the same thing today with Tucker Carlson… when he has folks on who represent more left leaning views, they are generally really weak when it comes to being able to offer good arguments. This is intentional. It gives the impression that no good arguments can be had for those perspectives.

Sometimes they fuck up though, like when they had a guy from the CATO institute on, to talk about imigration issues, and he just DESTROYED Carlson… Because he actually had concrete data to back up his points, while Carlson was left with nothing but cheap highschool debate tactics.

https://twitter.com/lachlan/status/867368494811275264

Hannity had invited Dotcom to appear on his show for what he said on Twitter would be a “#GameChanger” interview. The implication: that Dotcom would finally offer evidence of his claim that Rich had sent internal DNC documents to WikiLeaks before his death.

So now Kim Dotcom is part of this story.

We are truly living the Chinese curse.

Wait. Wait.

Wait.

The guy’s name is Kim. Dotcom? Like…kim.com?

That might be the stupidest name I’ve ever heard.

Oh, man. Welcome to the abyss.

Unbreakable, apparently.

Who the hell is Ben Garrison? Some worthless piece of shit, I presume?

Do yourself a favor and don’t google him like I just did.

Yeah, just assume your worst possible mental image is true and move on with your day.

Think of every insanely pro-Trump and crazy racist cartoon you saw in the last 2 years. He probably drew it.