Fox News thread of fine journalism

I’d say “You go girl!” but in this case I’d mean “OMG RUN GIRL RUUUNNNNNNN.”

You go, girl, go and just don’t stop!

Huh. I went to college with Shripal Shah. He was a TA in one of my Comp Sci classes. He accused me of plagiarizing code.

The code was to calculate velocity on a vector using radians. I was making an Asteroids game in Flash for some demo, so like accelerating while rotating. I wrote it myself by looking up the formula in my physics book, because I was taking physics.

I couldn’t write that code now.

Sanders supported Ellison, actually. http://www.cnn.com/2017/02/26/politics/sanders-dnc-election/index.html

(Apologies if you’re talking about some other election)

Cross-post from 2016 America thread…

FOX News Crew Witnesses Assault On Journalist

Kudos to this team of Fox News folks for not only getting the audio of the incident, but having the courage to publish the story. I hope CNN is hiring, because these people may need new jobs come Friday.

(The congressional race in 2016.)

Was that Bernie directly or just “Our Revolution”? Because Weaver is shit and pretty much everything they did after Bernie was poorly executed.

Needed to read farther to see a link to his original endorsement:

One of the things that bothered me the most about Bernie was that he seemed to act impulsively when he felt slighted. Not a tenth as bad as his most fervent supporters though.

Still, it looks like he said that in an interview, sent an email, and then dropped it. Also, who knows how Canova has changed since August 2016. A lot of people got more radical. I had to stop following Robert Reich for God damn what sakes.

Fox News twitter feed is not making the GOP look great right now:

Maybe Roger Ailes was told that he wasn’t getting into heaven unless he went back and undid the horrible mess he had created.

http://www.rawstory.com/2017/05/hannity-takes-abrupt-vacation-as-advertisers-continue-to-flee-his-fox-news-show/

Vacation time for Hannity, too. Christmas in May.

This is NOT the Onion:

Step One: Cry like a little bitch about everything
Step Two: Anyone who is nice to you is your friend, give them anything they want if they ever say one nice thing
Step Three: Bankruptcy is winning.

I read that headline and thought it has to be Ablow. Clicked and sure enough.

Step 1: Be born rich, and then get a $14 million loan from dad.

Ablow job.

I think maybe his parents sold his soul (and brain?) to the devil.

As a side topic here, how on earth can code be plagiarized? The very method is to get to the best function and lightest load/runtime. As such, reuse of code that accomplishes that in new methods is ideal?

Sounds like the TA had it in for you.

Eh, it depends.

For instance, if I produce a library that has a specific license, and then you just copy that code instead of using the library and then skip the license, that’s effectively theft.

No idea what the context for his case was though.

If it was a course where you were actually being taught to write code and algorithms, and you just turned in someone else’s code… then that would in fact be plagiarism.

I once had a guy apply for a job, and he submitted a code sample… which I randomly pasted part of into google. What came up was code from the kid’s professor, for a class… so the kid had submitted code, written by his professor, as his own for a code sample. He did not get the job.