Fox News thread of fine journalism

I’m sure those who have the stomach to delve more deeply into the right-wing media can track this farther, but… Limbaugh has been spouting for a couple of days that the Trump Jr meeting with the “honeypot” was a setup by unknown democrats. Then the story got picked up that the lawyer needed a special ‘parole’ visa, and it was approved by a favorite bogeywoman - Loretta Lynch.

So now we’re to:

This is great! Fox gets to splash a “Lynch Pinned” banner on their website, and into Trump’s Paris press conference it all goes. Oh, yeah - she overstayed the special visa. Presumably by this time tomorrow they’ll be referring to this a yet another example of crimes committed by illegal aliens.

Just never mind that the democrats never actually used the info they should have already had a year ago.

Dear idiots; if Trump gets booted out of office, Pence takes over. That’s kind of the opposite of a coup d’état. The idea behind getting Trump out of office is that he’s not fit to serve, not to somehow magically travel back in time and elect Hillary Clinton.

“this isn’t about Republicans vs Democrats… This is about how the Democrats are bad!”

Was Lou Dobbs always this stupid?

They are throwing around the word coup to try and get in front of people using it in regards to the Trump administration.

Accuse your opponents of your own actions and faults and all that.

“My side grabbed power in a dubious election with the aid of a hostile foreign power, and anyone who has a problem with that is attempting a coup.”

Someday we’ll tell the children of the time when America was not a banana republic.

Say one thing for Lou Dobbs, he knows where his bread is buttered. I have recollections of the man from the time I used to work (in IT) for Arthur Andersen and was there when the end came. We wanted so much to believe that it was a big witch hunt and a misunderstanding and that we were too big to fail and Lou Dobbs was right there in our corner fighting the good fight on television. Until the tipping point came and Lou shrugged us off like the baggage we were and continued on his merry way selling his influence to the most flattering bidder. Here one day, ‘poof!’ the next.

I recognize that doesn’t make him much different from a lot of other talking TV blowhards. Just it’s not so much ‘stupid’ as morally and philosophically flexible.

Ya, it makes him unprincipled… but that’s what I was wondering. His embracing of Trump’s lunacy seems like a relatively new thing, but I honestly don’t recall him enough from years gone by.

He has at least one principle - hating immigrants. I remember him banging on about immigration in thinly disguised racist terms even when he was on CNN.

Yeah, on his CNN show, illegal immigration was his one issue that he brought up nightly on every single show for years. So I would have thought Trump and Lou Dobbs were a natural fit.

Birds of a feather gotta be racist together.

Fucking finally…

The rest of the article is patting liberals on the back and more about the Russia narrative, but this is good news. It’s a joke that these neocon talking heads still have a job.

No way, that is fucking bullshit IN THE EXTREME.

Carlson is not challenging the hawkish orthodoxy at all. He’s PURELY sucking up the Trump koolaid. That is literally his ONLY motivation here.

All of those neocon ideas that he criticized Max Boot for? Carlson held exactly those ideas as recently as, I dunno, a few weeks ago? The idea of saying Iran’s not so bad? Fucking Carlson was ranting about how Iran is super bad and must be punished a week or so ago. But now they’re no big deal, because Russia is linked to them, and we can’t criticize Russia, since Trump is linked to them, and we can’t criticize Trump. But when Trump met with the Saudis, and then we fucked up our middle east defense plans by alienating Qatar? Oh, then Iran was the fucking devil. With Obama, Assad had to be put down but wasn’t because Obama was weak… but now he’s cool, because Trump doesn’t want to oppose Russia. We just gotta go along with it!

The idea that any of this is “intellectually interesting” is bull. Carlson is entirely anti-intellectual. He uses juvenile high-school debate tricks in literally every interview. When his guest is saying things that he doesn’t like, and which he has no legitimate counter-argument for, watch what he does. He’ll do shit like make faces, or laugh. It’s a cheap distraction tactic, designed to prevent the audience from hearing the argument, so that he doesn’t have to refute it.

Tucker Carlson is a fucking joke in every sense of the word. He’s not taking some kind of interesting, principled stand against conservative viewpoints. He’s just parroting the daily nonsense feed from the Trump camp.

That doesn’t matter. We’re not building him a statue. This is what it would look like if Republicans were intellectually interesting. That doesn’t mean they are. What’s important is that neocon CFR reps are getting shouted down in primetime. I mean, which is it? Does Fox News influence its foolish audience or not?

With Republicans, you have to take what you can get. They often change position depending on who is in power. With Trump we’re lucky because he’s not rattling a saber at everyone. That provides an opportunity.

No man, it’s not. He’s exactly the same as Hannity. It’s not intellectually interesting.
If he were intellectually interesting, he’d actually offer intellectual arguments.

Saying things that happen to match up with your beliefs, today, is not intellectually interesting.

No dude, because putting forth garbage non-arguments is no more valid when they’re used against your opponent than they are when they’re used against you.

No man, it’s so much worse, because he’s rattling a saber in seemingly random directions. Iran’s the devil yesterday, and now it’s no big deal. North Korea is run by a pretty cool guy yesterday, and now they must pay! It’s just chaos.

The fact that Trump isn’t specifically confronting Russia isn’t good, because they’re probably the most deserving of confrontation at this point. The fact that he’s owned by them, and thus treats them with kid gloves, is in absolutely no way beneficial to anyone in this nation other Trump.

Pre-election there were elements of Fox News that argued against Trump, but either they were silenced or joined the party because that “tone” is pretty much gone now.

Shephard Smith was almost tarred and feathered for simply agreeing that Trump Jr meeting with Russians was a story.

but but but
http://www.mediaite.com/tv/growing-battle-over-trump-coverage-within-fox-news-should-worry-administration/

https://twitter.com/cafedotcom/status/885949686925869056

Why would anyone expect Fox & Friends to call out Conway?

Honestly, the start of their conversation was way more pointed than anything I’ve seen them do thus far.