Fox News thread of fine journalism

It’s funny that folks think they can delete their twitter account and it makes their tweets go away.

This is gonna be the ultimate downfall of the old white guys who are fucking up the world. Their technological illiteracy will fuck them over.

I don’t see how a Brietbart like channel could get mainstream advetisers on its side. If such a channel were to come to fruition my guess is that much like the Brietbart itself, it would have to be largely financed by billionaire assholes. Even then what cable company would opt to carry a channel that caters to a hateful niche?

I just looked at Brietbart with adblock and Ghostery off and all I see is an ad for World of Warships and clickbait crap from Taboola. Now I feel like cleansing my computer with bleach.

Unfortunately, there are boatloads of scammy companies willing to advertise on these crap sites. Between Cash for Gold places, survival food hoarding, and F2P gaming, they’re in no danger of losing money.

They’ve been snapping up local broadcast stations in nearly every major- and mid-market zone while promising to increase “mandatory editorials.” Seems kinda worrisome, but at the same time I can’t find anything illegal about it.

Careful. Fox and GOP thumpers report about such things for months on end.

I don’t think I actually believe this. But isn’t it pretty to think so?

I was going to post that but then had second thoughts. I hope it turns out to be true of course and ultimately ends up with Hannity doing time in the slammer. Preet Bharara was starting a criminal investigation into Fox News right before Ytump fired him.

That John Schindler guy is a bit of a shit when he veers of his IC themed posts. I stopped following him at one point when he equated laboiplasty with FGM. And regarding that Hannity tweet he made reference to Hannity being fearful of being locked up with big black men. Come on dude stop perpetuating stereotypes. What’s with out (Americas) obsession with prison rape humor in the first place?

lol butts

There are people that think being anally-raped in prison is the worst possible punishment for lawbreakers, because, you know, it’s what the gays do, therefore if a straight dude gets raped in jail, he’s now a lesser being. He is, by being a victim of sexual assault, “owned” by a gay. Now, part of that sentiment is true in that prison anal rape, like all rape, is less about the sexual act and more about the violence and asserting dominance over someone else, but there’s an element of homophobia that takes center stage in that revenge fantasy. And really, that’s what it is. It’s a revenge fantasy for homophobes, which ironically, is less about justice and more about the violence and asserting dominance over someone else.

Also, that’s where poop comes from.

I thought that was a fairly well-written, thoughtful piece. I don’t get the impression that Stirewalt is cheering on the ‘don’t care’ crowd, he is pointing it out as a vaguely disturbing reality.

“Mr. Bolling recalls no such communications and does not believe he sent them” means he sent them. Unless he sends out so many dick pics that it’s hard to remember which lucky ladies got 'em.

What a culture they have over at Fox.

Eric Bolling has the dubious honor of being the only person on Fox news with a lower IQ than Sean Hannity.

The “Would you even care?” article is another case where the media (and not just Fox, but all of it) tries to bury the lede. Trump is historically, deeply, astoundingly unpopular. He’s polling below 35% with only seven months in office, and nothing has happened yet. No indictments have been passed down, no wars or disasters, the economy is strong, etc. etc.

And people aren’t just slightly miffed with Trump as, in retrospect, we know they were with Bill Clinton. The people who disapprove really hate his guts. Somewhere between 40% and 50% of the public want him impeached. That’s double the percentage who wanted to impeach Nixon in half the time (summer '73.)

This is unprecedented. There’s never been anything like it in the history of polling.

… And yet in the media you’re as likely to see a story like this one saying, “Trump’s support surprisingly strong” instead of “Opposition to Trump shatters historic records for a new President.” Which is profoundly weird. It’s like covering the eclipse by saying, “Sun continues to shine over much of Earth.”

(There are reasons for it - trying to keep things “balanced” to keep the money flowing in from both sides, reporters (like many of us) being baffled by his support not being 0%, and most importantly the media thoroughly buying into the GOP lie that the majority of America is not real America, so the opinions of 60% of cosmopolitans shouldn’t be discussed more than the opinions of the minority. But they’re bad reasons.)

I mean, there is serious, pretty constant talk of Trump being impeached.

That is not a thing which has happened since Clinton… and back then, it wasn’t really considered that it was because Clinton committed treason or something.

Oh, also this.

Doocy.

Either Doocy.

Oh God they have two of them now?

Bolling and Steve at least likely compete for who can harass women the most. Don’t forget the whole Ailes thing started because of Steve Doocy harassing Carlson. And Steve still works there.

I remember when Steve Doocy used to host a weekend children’s show about world events, politics, that sort of thing. Finding out he was a total wingnut on Fox News was like finding out Santa Claud was a nazi. OK maybe not, but it was kind of like Bill Nye was a flat earther. No? Well it was a lot like finding out the nice old man next door voted for Trump. Pretty much just like that.