Fox News thread of fine journalism

The decisions to get rid of Ailes, O’Reilly and Shine were all made by Murdoch’s sons, James and Lachlan. Both are said to be further towards the center in their political views than their father. Both are married to fairly progressive women as well, which I am sure contributes to their worldview. As of right now I believe both sons are still listed as the heads of 21st Century Fox, so they don’t participate in the day-to-day at Fox News, however that was supposed to be changing, at least back in April/May.

Basically, Fox News is never going to shift to the left of center, but it sounds like the sooner the Murdoch sons take over day-to-day decision making, the sooner the network will drift closer towards center-right. Given the rumors that Trump takes more council from Fox and Friends than he does from his actual advisors, I would say the Murdoch boys have a moral obligation to the country to make programming on their network more responsible. -insert laughter here-

Also, $50 million a year in overhead costs, which turning a blind eye will only cause the number to go up.

I wouldn’t be so sure that was anything to do with politics so much as wanting to draw a line under the situation before it escalated out of control. Remember James was in charge of News International at the time of the phone hacking scandal that resulted in the News Of The World shutting down.

https://twitter.com/JMKTV/status/899734847878565888

They had that on the gym when I was there this afternoon and even though I couldn’t hear him it was obvious he wasn’t to into covering it. On another TV ABC News had broken into the local news hour and spent at least 10 minutes talking about it.

Jalapenjah!

The man’s got a thing for food.

That was actually mildly funny, though he needs to be punched. I understand it was waaaay overhyped, but come on - attitudes like this are why we are a country of morons.

Tucker actually said that? Is he even pretending to be anything other than Trump’s succubus anymore?

Also, more impressive than the emancipation proclamation?

Ok, upon actually viewing the clip, I think, pray, that you can file it under ‘dry humor.’ Umbrage assuaged… for now.

Over nearly the past two decades, Fox News and Fox Business have repeatedly praised Arpaio, while hosting him no less than 65 times. Yet on August 28, apart from Fox & Friends co-host Brian Kilmeade making a passing reference to the pardon, the show didn’t mention Arpaio or report on or discuss the pardon news at all.

Fox News yanked from UK’s Sky broadcasts:

His US media group 21st Century Fox said it would withdraw Fox News from Sky in the UK on Tuesday because it no longer regarded the service as commercially viable…

…Ofcom, the UK media regulator, has also made a number of rulings against Fox News broadcasts in the last year, adding to the total of 22 breaches by Fox of its licence and Ofcom’s codes and rules in the last decade. Of those, Fox News was responsible for seven, including four last year, one of them being a programme which featured a guest who said Birmingham was a city “where non-Muslims just simply don’t go”…

…“Fox News has breached Ofcom’s rules over and over again, so 21st Century Fox clearly thought it was easier to pull it from the UK altogether than to clean up its act,” Watson said.

If only…

Bear in mind this is in the context of a full merger between Fox and Sky (which has its own news service in the UK) as part of which the government has to decide whether the Murdochs (through Fox) are a suitable owner of a UK broadcaster or if ownership would limit competition in news.

Going to share the crown of stupid with Waters and Hannity.

I don’t know about sharing it. She may be making a whole new crown which future Fox News kings and queens will have to wear. She’s already ultra-terrible.

I’ll be honest, I thought she was already on Fox.

So did I.