Fox News thread of fine journalism

You know that is going to happen.

Let’s not worry about them killing and worry about them existing. Sex robots?

I feel like this is one of those Freudian slip things. Fox News Headline: “Killary to Outlaw Men in Power Sleeping with Women Under Their Authority.” Madness! says the old white man with lots of attractive female staff.

Oh come now - we are men of the world. I think we can accept as a truism that, in this day and age, if someone is going to build something then someone else is going to try to fuck it.

Challenge… accepted?

I don’t believe my statement was necessarily a call to action, but then again I’m not necessarily going to get in your way either. After all, when you’re carrying a hammer every problem looks like a nail, does it not?

My life will be a Far Side comic with a grimacing, reluctant looking lab-becoated and bespeckled guy holding a toaster oven unhappily as far away from himself as possible. On the blackboard behind him are a list of items crossed out. Knife Sharpener, Floor Jack, VHS Player, Guitar Amp. Vacuum Cleaner has a question mark.

I’ll do you one better and trade “wildly succeed at fucking” for your “try to fuck”

I am friggin’ dying over here you guys, well done.

An insurance company with a robot plan? Surely I’m too old.

but when you try and nail everything you’ll have problems hammering it?

I dunno if you are aware, but there is a place called “Japan”.

Well, maybe, but I mean there’s pills for that.

So last night I watched about 5 minutes of Lou Dobbs melting down and demanding everything but Mitch McConnell’s immediate execution. I remember him being a decent newsman. Do you think he has any idea of what a buffoon he has become, what a shill he is. I thought Hannity was bad, Dobbs made Hannity look rational.

That’s like saying one steaming pile of shit smells slightly better than the one next to it though.

You say that like someone who hasn’t experienced the asstereffects of eating bad Chinese food.

deleted because the video didn’t work!

I literally can’t eat American (idk, is it a midwest thing?) Chinese food or I pay the firehose price.

You’re all welcome.

haha, poopz.

I thought they just wanted to steal my pills!

Remember when Superman stood for truth, justice and the American way? Then again, Clark Kent is technically an illegal alien – a native of Krypton.

I reckon it’s only a matter of time before DC Comics unleashes other superheroes in its corporate quest to defend the alien invaders.

So don’t be surprised to see the Flash rushing Mexicans across the border or Wonder Woman using her lasso to round up Texas ranchers trying to defend their property.

It’s unfortunate that DC Comics is turning its stable of iconic heroes into political pawns – hell-bent on indoctrinating our kids.

The offensive comic panels:

The Hollywood Reporter article offers this:

Superman, as envisioned by his creators Joe Shuster and Jerry Siegel back in 1938, is not only the literal embodiment of the immigrant dream, he’s the perfect example of those currently at the center of the decision to rescind the DACA program: someone who arrived in the United States as a child as the result of his parents’ actions, without paperwork or going through the right channels, who had dedicated his life to not only fitting into U.S. society, but making U.S. society a better place.

The immigrant part of Superman’s origin is often glossed over, or outright ignored, by those who see the hero as being “all-American” in every way — in 1986, his origin was even rewritten, temporarily, so that he was actually “born” in the U.S. with his spaceship being reclassified as a “birthing matrix” because Kryptonians weren’t brought to term biologically — but it’s an important piece not only of his history, but of the vision of the United States that Superman represents.

In some ways, Superman is, at heart, an optimistic story about the United States itself. The fact that the character comes from “out there” (Metaphorically, another country, as represented by another planet because, well, comics) can not only come to be accepted by America, but be seen as representing the best of America, an inspirational figure that everyone looks up to — that’s the American dream in action, isn’t it? (In Action Comics, at least, if you’ll excuse the pun.) That’s the way things are supposed to work, according to the United States advertised on the Statue of Liberty’s “New Colossus” plaque and the one that lives in its citizens’ hearts.