Fox News thread of fine journalism

I didn’t say it did. I said we had truck control.

As for the weaponization of vehicles, perhaps we should try a common sense approach. Within reason, you do what you can to protect public pedestrian spaces from large vehicles. This is already done in lots of places. You also make note of the fact that there are more mass shootings than there are mass drivings. Then in 10 years you look at what is actually happening and adjust policy recommendations accordingly.

I find the narrow-minded sort of foolish consistency embodied in Kennedy’s tweet to be emblematic of how impossible it has become to actually try to find solutions to public health problems. In any case, her attempt to create a reductio ad absurdum fails on its face because truck control isn’t a bad idea. To a certain extent, it already exists. Maybe there should be more. Maybe not. But that’s not what Kennedy’s talking about. She’s just looking for a cheap rhetorical point so people who already agree with her can retweet it, and we can all agree that absolutely nothing can ever be done about guns in America, and then wait around until the next horrific mass shooting. Or the next ‘moderate’ mass shooting, which has probably already happened.

And so it goes.

Zoidberg’s got it right, we do all kinds of stuff these days to protect pedestrians from vehicles. More and more, concrete dividers are used to prevent vehicles from driving onto pedestrian areas.

I wasn’t even going to comment on Kennedy’s nonsense, but well stated, Gordon.

Besides the fact that a truck is designed for transport, not for killing. The sole purpose of a gun is to destroy organic matter as efficiently as possible.

I thought the purpose of guns was so that good people could protect themselves from bad people. Think someone told me that once and it sounds good.

“You’ll take my truck when you pry it from my cold dead hands.”

–An unusually vengeful country song

Whoa whoa whoa now!!!

If we take away ‘Murica’s guns AND trucks, all they have left is Jesus. And you can’t kill nuthin’ with Jesus, so that’s just crazy talk right there.

Maybe you just ain’t all that into Jesus?

The most clever moment of that movie was at the very beginning when Jesus was fighting a vamp on the beach and blessed the entire Pacific Ocean before throwing the baddie into it to melt.

That… sounds amazing.

It’s a pretty swift decline into not-even-all-that-campy mediocrity after that.

No, we would not be talking about truck control. Instead the call on the right would go out to ban every Muslim (and brown person, just in case) so Americans could be safe.

Pretty much.

When it’s a brown person it’s never about the methods, it’s always about the person.

Allow me to one up you

Also, let us not forget Father Magruder from Dead Alive, who kicks ass for the lord.

I remember him!

Also:

Think not that I am come to bring peace. I am come to bring not peace, but a sword.

– Badass Jesus

And he’s all out of bubblegum.

I like how you called him by his avatar, not his username.

– Generic Ultima IV player icon

Lol

– Handsome man with his daughter on a merry-go-round