FPS Smartey Man Survivar Island!

Just checking.

Don’t spoil it for those who haven’t been there.

Wow, so many of you missed out on this classic internet moment. :(

JeffK!!1! We who are about to die, salute you!

Some of my favorites: Levelord sweat and I can’t leave without my buddy Suparfly!

We didn’t miss out on it, we just don’t understand why you’re only bringing it up now like two or three years after it was initially done.

–Dave

A lot of you seem to have missed out on it, judging by the poll.

I just went and checked it out I think. It sucked.

Th@nkx d00d. Yuo jU5t waestid 1O minitz 0f my dae.

Sorry spoof.

I’ll make it up to you later tonight ;)

Hmm… sudden urge to play Daikatana…

Surprised Derek hasn’t commented yet

He laughed about it years ago when it first appeared…he’s probably (like many of us) wondering why the hell Jakub suddenly linked it. :?

–Dave

Sorry spoof.

I’ll make it up to you later tonight ;)[/quote]

“In fact, never show this part again.”

I’m just curious how many of you caught some of the sillier trends in internet gaming.

To be perfectly honest, I consider FPS Smartey Man Survivar Island to be a landmark. I mean, nobody’s ever really done something like that and on that scale in the industry. It marked a shift in thinking about game developers among gamers as well.

What’s the matter Colonel Sanders? Chicken?

It always amazes me that Something Awful puts so much effort into intentionally mispelling almost every word on their site.

What’s the matter Colonel Sanders? Chicken?[/quote]

I’m just quoting Spaceballs here. I don’t know what you’re quoting.

Or smoking.

:wink:

Yep. I was actually thinking that. Maybe Jakub just recently came across it? Either that or he’s feeling a bit nostalgic.

I think it sucked.

Amen.

I went and “read” it last night.

The best thing about it is just when you think it’s never going to end, it does.

Your Power Pill

oh SomethingAwful. Oh.

I’d seen it from day one, so it’s nothing new. It was mere curiosity to see how many of the gaming elite got into it enough to remember.

Gaming Elite, huh? Can I put that on my business card?