Framed - Wordle for Movies

Ha, a movie I’ve never seen before (deliberately - don’t get me starter on what fascist shitsticks the Spartans were - ask why there were only 300 Spartans at that pass) but I still got it in three because that visual style is… distinctive.

Framed #49
🎥 🟥 🟥 🟩 ⬛ ⬛ ⬛

Yeah, it was the colour treatment in addition to the… well, what’s on frame 2!

Framed #49
🎥 🟥 🟩 ⬛ ⬛ ⬛ ⬛

This actor-guessing game has its quirks (e.g. who is guess-able or not) but I think deserves more attention:

Framed #49
🎥 🟥 🟥 🟩 ⬛ ⬛ ⬛

I only even heard of one of these movies. However my first guess put me in pretty close proximity and I was able to get there in 4.

Took me a while to figure out who it could be, since I knew the 2014 film, the exact age (thanks to Sly), and gender. I just couldn’t think of who fit those descriptors!

Fortunately a lightbulb came on and there really was only one possible answer.

The random first guess of Michelle Pfeiffer gave me the 1988 film I never heard of though.

All too easy
Framed #50
🎥 🟩 ⬛ ⬛ ⬛ ⬛ ⬛

I didn’t recognize the first three frames, but I got a correct guess on the fourth, even though I don’t recognize the fourth frame either.

I guess since I really disliked this movie, I must have blocked most of it out.

I got a weird glitch a couple of times, the page loads with the frames uncovered like I already solved it, with one of the later frames showing. Closing and reopening the tab fixes it, but by then I already know the right answer.

Frame 2 might have helped if you could actually see it, but, again, I really dislike the thumbnail-sized, lossy-as-hell gifs. Must be a bandwidth issue but it needs to be full-size jpg/webp.

Framed #52
🎥 🟩 ⬛ ⬛ ⬛ ⬛ ⬛

Hahaha. Yup. Too easy for me. It’s one of my favorite movies.

Well, I haven’t seen it recently enough to get it on the first frame, but fake Mount Rushmore was an easy tip-off.

Framed #52
🎥 🟥 🟩 ⬛ ⬛ ⬛ ⬛

I’m 2/3 since you linked to this, but my second win was after deciding I’m okay with doing some googling for hints, because otherwise this is really difficult. I like the game, but I think it would be more fun like redactle or semantle where there’s no hard cutoff for guesses. Let me take fifty guesses if I have to, I can live with that shame!

man I was able to get a movie match on the first guess, with the gender and actor 10 years younger. So I knew some things.

But damn if none of the other actors in that film who could. possibly match are guessable. No Capaldi, no Rooker, no Fillion.

I’m stumped because they have some incredibly obscure names, but those are pretty well known ones missing.

Edit: ah I was wrong on the gender. That is what yellow means

[FYI - we are off on a tangent about another game linked above - Actorle)]

So, yellow in age is within 10 years of actor’s age.

Yellow in name is not gender but guessed actor is incorrect BUT is in one of the listed films (and then that film is identified in the list).

Recent update now states that “More movies are listed (all movies of the actor with at least a rating of 7)” - believe they use IMDB rating.

Game can be tricky but that’s part of the fun! :)

[I think a “choice” has been made simply not to include dead actors, but the “active” list does range wildly, as stated, from “WHO?” to “why not him”]

No one posted Frame 51 here, but basically it took me all the tries to finally guess which Planet of the Apes movie it was. And even then I cheated, by looking up what the heck was the only planet of the ape movie I couldn’t remember the name of.

Same here – Was it THAT one? Nope. What about THAT one? Damn. Then it must be THIS one.

Framed #52
🎥 🟥 🟥 🟥 🟩 ⬛ ⬛

That was really tough and then suddenly really easy in that fourth frame. I think the only people who will remember the first 3 frames will be people who have seen the movie since it left theaters.

Never seen this movie, but I got it on the third guess.

Framed #53
🎥 🟥 🟥 🟩 ⬛ ⬛ ⬛

Tough one for sure. Took three tries for me to get it.