Free Guy with Ryan Reynolds

Van Wilder?

Too bad the Netflix Reboot was deemed bad by the critics.

Wasn’t even aware they’d made that one. The Reboot I was thinking is the original one from 20 years ago that was quite good, and rather ahead of its time. The reason I thought of it in connection to this thread is because it’s basically telling the story of NPCs that live in your computer who get pulled into playing in games with the user.

Trailer:

Yes, I know. Which is why I was curious about the Reboot of Reboot, and disappointed about it.

Ah, gotcha, w/o the original crew out of Canada making it not surprised it didn’t turn out well.

I know the industry in general loves remakes, but it’s not often what they put out meets the original creativity.

Do you think if I can run The Witcher 3 I can also run Reboot at max settings?

Not sure I follow, sort of apples and oranges isn’t it? I mean W3 is a game, so it’s far more demanding than running video of an old cartoon series. I’ve got them all on DVD, so they’ll run anywhere I’ve got a DVD hooked up.

Waiting?

Without a doubt the movie Buried from 2011. For some odd reason he is not credited as part of the cast in the breakdown on IMDb. And yet, his name is clearly there above the title on the poster. Anyway, he’s great.

Also, if you happen to be in the mood for a romantic comedy–I’m sure I’ll get in trouble for this one–check out Definitely, Maybe from 2008. Go in with low expectations and you’ll be fine.

Finally The Change-Up from 2011 is worth watching. Ryan Reynolds and Jason Bateman work very well together. And Leslie Mann is a gem.

-xtien

“This song is an excellent cure for the will to live.”

-xtien

Wasn’t there also a Marjane Satrapi directed black comedy with Ryan Reynolds as a dude who kills people at the direction of his talking pets?

What other films would you recommend?

The Voices. Absolutely The Voices.

Yeah, that’s it. I still can’t get over that the women who wrote Persepolis directed that :)

Reynolds was good in Blade Trinity, probably because he played a wisecracking asshole anti-hero.

Which didn’t fit the movie at all. Trinity was all sorts of bad; nothing fit together.

Do not watch Blade Trinity and expect good things to come from it, even with Reynolds in it.

New trailer out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6di34z0eAaI

Seems perfect for Netflix, but apparently they think they’re doing a theatrical release on December 11th?

Or, maybe not…

That’s a shame, because I’d certainly watch it on Netflix, but no way am I spending money on that to take the risk of getting COVID even next year.

I think this movie is going to die at the box office no matter when it’s released. This isn’t going to drive people to theaters even with a vaccine.

You are probably right, but in that case, at least it will come to Netflix sooner, I suppose?

If they put it on some streaming service that is not tied to say… Apple, I’d give them a movie ticket price to watch it, say 12 dollars.